• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Reliable weather forecast

Anto

Time of past OR future Camino
September 2017 SJPDP to Pamplona
Hi All,

my query is has anyone an idea of a reliable weather forecast website for CF .
I am heading off to do the section between Logrono and Burgos starting Monday 7th October and have looked at 2 different websites accuweather and BBC weather. accuweather depicts most of this week 20/22 deg C whereas BBC shows 28/33 deg C . The latter I would have thought was quite high for early October and the other temps are more believable but would have thought BBC weather would have been reliable. Any ideas?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
There is quite bit of change in the elevation between Logrono and Burgos, so those kinds of swings in temperature ranges don't surprise me. I would focus on finding the forecasts for several of the places you plan to stop from day to day. Both of those sites are as reliable as any you might use which means they are generally not very reliable.
Personally, I would be more concerned about the precipitation forecast.

I dont think anyone can give an accurate forecast more than 5 days away. I use an app called Eltiempo.es when I am in Spain.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
There is no such thing as a reliable weather forecast! Best thing is just to google weather radar for Spain and see what is actually happening.

thanks for responses, generally agree in that reliable weather forecasts are generally within 5 days and 10 days more of a guide ,guess I was expecting a bit more convergence between them

As everyone says, reliable and accurate is a bit of an estimate with regards to weather. That said, I use the DarkSky app. I've found it to be really good at trending conditions as well as forecasting the amount of rain (i.e. intensity). The rain maps are not as good as say Accuweather but I think the %precip, rain intensity, and timeline does seem to be very accurate.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi All,

my query is has anyone an idea of a reliable weather forecast website for CF .
I am heading off to do the section between Logrono and Burgos starting Monday 7th October and have looked at 2 different websites accuweather and BBC weather. accuweather depicts most of this week 20/22 deg C whereas BBC shows 28/33 deg C . The latter I would have thought was quite high for early October and the other temps are more believable but would have thought BBC weather would have been reliable. Any ideas?
Aemet gives a 7 day forecast. You need to know the municipality and province (Logroño is is La Rioja) and then change the place names to check further along the Camino. (Click 'ver todos los municipios' to see the full list)
For places in the area of Burgos again look for the names on the list.
We found it fairly accurate and it gives both lows and highs/rainfall/ windspeed etc.

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.