• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Renewing the Call in a Covid World

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

cathietherese

Catherine Davis
Time of past OR future Camino
SJPDP - Finistere May/June 2012
Le-Puy-en-Velay to Cahors/ June 2019
Who else remembers watching videos before doing their first Camino?
Before I left to walk from SJPDP - Finisterre in 2012 videos were not as easy to locate as today but I remember feeling an energetic pull to those I did watch. Real or imagined it got me excited and motivated to train until my journey began.
Today, like many on this forum I was planning on picking up some more Camino time this summer but Covid has delayed that for awhile and Aotearoa/NZ has closed borders for now.
So, it is what it is but as well as enjoying this forum I rewatched a video that my husband made from our journey in 2012 and that same energetic call and connection came through. We might not be able to join on the pilgrimage right now but virtual access and the provision of this forum goes a long way to salving the absence.
I just posted the video up in the media section if anyone wants to check it out. "Filmed by the shaky hand of Tim" still manages to calm my soul in the middle of uncertain times, as do many other contributions on this forum.
Keep them coming and take care,
Catherine

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Who else remembers watching videos before doing their first Camino?
Before I left to walk from SJPDP - Finisterre in 2012 videos were not as easy to locate as today but I remember feeling an energetic pull to those I did watch. Real or imagined it got me excited and motivated to train until my journey began.
Today, like many on this forum I was planning on picking up some more Camino time this summer but Covid has delayed that for awhile and Aotearoa/NZ has closed borders for now.
So, it is what it is but as well as enjoying this forum I rewatched a video that my husband made from our journey in 2012 and that same energetic call and connection came through. We might not be able to join on the pilgrimage right now but virtual access and the provision of this forum goes a long way to salving the absence.
I just posted the video up in the media section if anyone wants to check it out. "Filmed by the shaky hand of Tim" still manages to calm my soul in the middle of uncertain times, as do many other contributions on this forum.
Keep them coming and take care,
Catherine

Thank you, Cathietherese ,for sharing these beautiful memories with us. We have a daughter Catherine Therese, she is coming to visit us this afternoon with her husband, we haven't seen them since February! The music was very haunting and helped to make the atmosphere of the wonderful Camino de Santiago, that we are all missing at this time, and almost brought a tear to my eye (Anne).
Anne & Pat

Thank you, Cathietherese ,for sharing these beautiful memories with us. We have a daughter Catherine Therese, she is coming to visit us this afternoon with her husband, we haven't seen them since February! The music was very haunting and helped to make the atmosphere of the wonderful Camino de Santiago, that we are all missing at this time, and almost brought a tear to my eye (Anne).
Anne & Pat
That's so lovely Anne & Pat. My name was very special to my mother, and I am the youngest of her ten children. One of my older sisters is Margaret Therese and we share many smiles and have fun our names on any correspondence between us.
I hope you have a lovely visit with your daughter. It will be so exciting to see her as February is so far away now, especially in Covid's liminal time frame. Enjoy lovely and I am so glad you enjoyed the video. I always tear up at the Villa Franca bit with the beautiful Spanish women dancing because we just happened to be there at the right time.
Maybe I might see you on an ANZ Zoom Chat with Ivan? I hope to make the next one.
Enjoy yourselves, Catherine.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thanks Catherine, I really enjoyed your movie👣with the gorgeous music.
It was just long enough to show how really beautiful the Frances is, but I'm sure, like us all, you have many more photos!!
You've given me a good hint for my own. My short version of the Frances and Norte are both too long!! And the long versions are way too long.....
Cheers, it was lovely

Thanks Catherine, I really enjoyed your movie👣with the gorgeous music.
It was just long enough to show how really beautiful the Frances is, but I'm sure, like us all, you have many more photos!!
You've given me a good hint for my own. My short version of the Frances and Norte are both too long!! And the long versions are way too long.....
Cheers, it was lovely
Thanks so much Loretta. Let me know when your one is up. I would love to see it. I will pass on your kind comments to Tim. Take care.xo

Status
Not open for further replies.