• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Renfe Internet Tickets

Portia1

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2009, Portuguese 2012
Frances 2016, 2019
Has anyone had success using the Renfe website to purchase internet tickets using a US credit card? I get to the part where it says it is connecting to my bank and then it goes to an error message "reference G0001". The internet one-way tickets are VERY inexpensive compared to the regular prices. I am very frustrated right now after having made multiple attempts. By the way, I have been attempting to make this charge using my Capital One mastercard. When trying to make Vueling reservations, they charge more for Mastercard. What's up with that?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I know that I was unable to pay for a train ticket with my foreign credit card at the railway station in Santiago, and I had to pay in cash. I got the impression they only accepted Spanish credit cards.
Margaret

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Here is information I found on Renfe. http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187514-c80518/Madrid:Spain:Buying.Renfe.Tickets.Online..html Very helpful, especially about locator codes.

My credit card company called last night because Renfe was attempting to clear my charge--apparently the person at Capital One did not do his job originally to take the restrictions off. After reading this article on Tripadvisor, I am going to re-process my ticket request today and see what happens. The service agent at the credit card company said to call her if it doesn't and she will remain on the line when I re-submit to see what is happening. The internet one-way tickets are 60% lower in price than what you would buy at the station so it is worth it to make it happen for a long distance ticket.

I was able to use my USA credit card this morning to purchase internet tickets. Saved me 60 euro per ticket! Very slick and easy! Guess the problem was on my credit card's end rather than with Renfe. Just thought I'd let you know. NOW my problem is with Vueling--attempting to purchase tickets from Santiago to Barcelona.................Just called my credit card company and the charge never came to them. Any ideas on how to get through to Vueling?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

I am 82 years old. I have walked all but 250k of the Camino Frances alone, carrying my pack and staying in communal aubergues in 2017 and 18 and loving it! I am now on a mission to walk the final...
Can someone please confirm that if you fly with Ryanair from SDC to Madrid, that you will arrive at the Madrid-Barajas International airport? Such a simple question, yet incredibly frustrating...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, I'm searching for any transportation ways to to get to sjpp from Biarritz. Would anyone let me know how to get to? I would like taking bus or train. Thank you.
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
Hi All, My girlfriend and I are planning to do the Camino Primitivo. I'll be honest here; I'm not entirely sure how far we'll get, but Caminoways says that the entire route can be done in 15...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back