• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

RENFE refunds

Glenshiro

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Le Puy - SdC, Podiensis, Frances, Invierno 2012-23
I have tried several times to get a refund on my RENFE ticket for 1 May, but I always end up (after being led through a series of very promising screens) with the error message:

THE PROCESS CANNOT CONTINUE RIGHT NOW. WE APOLOGISE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE (G001)
An error occurred when recovering the selected journey.

ACCEPT
Clicking on the "Accept" button takes me back to the home screen. Anyone else having the same problem? I have had an account with RENFE for many years.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Did you purchase your ticket directly from RENFE?
I thought I did, but then realized I'd gone through Rome2Rio and THEY issued me the refund after I got the same annoying messages you're getting.

Hello, Annie.
Yes, bought directly from RENFE via their website.
I'm wondering if it's just the volume of refund applications?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I had booked 2 Renfe tickets for end of May . Got an email about cancelled train and money back on my account without asking for refund.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I had booked 2 Renfe tickets for end of May . Got an email about cancelled train and money back on my account without asking for refund.
I eventually got through to an English-speaking assistant who refunded my May 1 booking immediately.

I have also obtained instant refunds from UK rail operators, via their websites, for my cancelled walk in Scotland next month.

The only operator to refuse a refund so far is ALSA. Which, ironically, is British-owned! Even Citylink, the Scottish coach company, gave me a voucher for my non-refundable ticket.

I eventually got through to an English-speaking assistant who refunded my May 1 booking immediately.

I have also obtained instant refunds from UK rail operators, via their websites, for my cancelled walk in Scotland next month.

The only operator to refuse a refund so far is ALSA. Which, ironically, is British-owned! Even Citylink, the Scottish coach company, gave me a voucher for my non-refundable ticket.
I cancelled a busticket on the ALSA app, and surprisingly I got my money back.

I cancelled a busticket on the ALSA app,
Mine was a cheap deal, non-refundable. I tried reclaiming on the website, but nothing doing. I won't lose sleep over it. (Love the ALSA Supra Economy buses.)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Hi - I've been waiting to book 2 June from Santiago dC to Madrid - finally the tickets are out! Funnily enough the luxury seats were cheaper than economy seats, so I took one.
I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
We are leaving May 4th for the Camino, starting in Ponferrada. I tried online to book the Correos Pac Monchila luggage transfer service and it provided a drop down list box of specific...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.