Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino walkers love this gripping, intriguing, mystery with history novel.
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

Renfe train schedules

Sal Morgan

Past OR future Camino
April/May 2015 (Ponferrada to SdC)
Does anyone know how far in advance the Renfe train schedules are released? Right now it looks as though you can book trains up to early January 2015, but when I enter the details try to get some ideas for prices the search yields no results. However, when I look a bit closer in time (e.g. Sept 2014) there are plenty of results for the same journey (Madrid to Ponferrada). Is there a winter/summer timetable? Or do tickets only get released a certain amount of time before departure dates? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
W

whariwharangi

There doesn't appear to be any standard for when Renfe Schedules are released. The high value fast trains such as Barcelona to Madrid are sometimes available 4 months out. We recently saw Trenhotel schedules Santiago to Madrid updated only 3 weeks in advance of travel.

The schedules don't seem to vary much. You can use tomorrows schedule for planning purposes but be prepared to have to change plans.

I wouldn't suggest trying to buy tickets now for January 2015 ... you likely won't have luck with anything after New Years day till early December.

Last edited by a moderator:

ranthr

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
C Frances 2005, 2007
Le Puy en Velay -SdC 2009
Via de la Plata 2011
gr 653 from Oloron to Puente la Reina 2012
Gr65 from le Puy to Figeac 2013
Irun to Santander 2013
Porto to SdC 2014
Astorga to SdC 2015
I have tried to book a train from SdC to Bilbao middle of September without luck. The Renfe page does not say anything about how long ahead you can buy a ticket.

gaulsdog

you can only book only book that up to 7 Sep today so in a week or two you can book to the middle of september

Long train Journey

LD 99480
Con Transbordo

10.1820.169 h. 58 min.

Turista - Turista

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads