• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Renfe trains over Easter

laineylainey

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
started in 2012, hooked ever since.
Just started to think about a VdlP trip over Easter 2020. Thinking of flying to Madrid and then getting a train to Córbodo on Good Friday before getting train then to Sevilla on Easter Saturday. Can´t seem to find my answer online and it´s too early to book so can anyone tell me if Renfe trains run on Good Friday and Easter Saturday albeit a reduced service?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Are you refering to "Córdoba"? The sintaxis is not important in the forum, but it is in the reservation webpage.
Madrid to Córdoba and Sevilla is a major line, served even by high speed trains (AVE). And yes, trains run in "Semana santa", but a reservation woud be wise.

Thank you and yes, I meant to spell Córdoba! In fact I meant to say Malaga not Madrid!! I always book in advance online but before I made any definite travel plans I just wanted to check the train situation. I assume there is a reduced service over Easter?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi @laineylainey - have you figured out what the train service is like over Easter weekend? I'm also flying to Madrid on Good Friday and need to get to Irun. I'm struggling to get Renfe timetables in English

Hi @hielienie , I think it is a normal service but I will be checking when I get home. Just finishing the VdlP on Saturday.
I will send you the timetable when I can get it but it might be some months!
I will send you a link for current times in English.

I tried to book my train from Segovia to Madrid Easter Week, but they're not booking yet. However, they did ask for my email and supposedly will send me a note as soon as booking is possible.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi @hielienie , I think it is a normal service but I will be checking when I get home. Just finishing the VdlP on Saturday.
I will send you the timetable when I can get it but it might be some months!
I will send you a link for current times in English.
Thank you so much @laineylainey! Hope your Camino was super special

I tried to book my train from Segovia to Madrid Easter Week, but they're not booking yet. However, they did ask for my email and supposedly will send me a note as soon as booking is possible.
Thanks! Maybe I'll try to do the same

I'm going to Spain tomorrow and will be travelling from Malaga to Seville for a couple of days. I was not able to book the fast AVE Train until about three weeks before the travel date, some of the slower trains were available about six weeks before.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
From past experience it can be 90 days or 60 days, before the travel date, depending on the journey. But then sometimes it has been much less than 60 days, Renfe has a funny "ticket tranche release" system!

Hi @laineylainey - have you figured out what the train service is like over Easter weekend? I'm also flying to Madrid on Good Friday and need to get to Irun. I'm struggling to get Renfe timetables in English
Hi there, just thought you would like to know I have booked my Renfe trains for my Easter trip and used my tarjeta dorada. Hopefully this is the Renfe English link!
Normal service as far as I can see.
Good luck with your Camino.

Most read last week in this forum

I am flying into Madrid and will arrive early morning. My thought is to go directly to Toledo and stay two nights there in a hotel or hostel so that I will have the ability to sleep during the...
Hello, it's been about 7 years since my last Camino, and this will be the first time I have had to book trains within Spain. There seems to be a few different train booking sites. Booking from...
Hello everyone. My husband has been talking about walking this trail for over 35 years —- since he was 20 years old. But, life’s problems alway seem to get in the way, don’t they? He’s been...
Hi I was wondering if anyone was taking the Express Bouricott from Biarritz to SJPP on the afternoon of 27th May as I am looking to join a group booking if possible….many thanks 😊
Would I be able to bring a backpack (size 20 -25 L) into the cabin and hold on to it rather than being forced to put the backpack into the luggage compartment of the bus? I'm reading several...
Apologies for such a basic question, but can someone confirm the best way to get to Madrid airport from SDC by train. More specifically, can I book the entire route via Trainline? At first glance...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.