• PLEASE NOTE: Please think twice before you travel to Spain now. More here.

Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Create your own ad
Have a camino related project that you are interested in promoting on the forum? Create your own ad right now.
Silver Oxide Camino de Santiago pendent
Camino de Santiago pendant that has a shell on the front, and "Camino de Santiago" engraved on the back. Comes with a black cord. Pendent is slightly larger than a 50 euro cent coin, about 25mm.

Renfe web tickets

eze

Year of past OR future Camino
Francès 2005/2006
Norte 2007
Plata 2008
Eze (home) Roma
Mozarabe April 2014 (Granada-Cordoba) March 2016 (Córdoba-Merida)
Camino Gironès September 2014 (La Jonquera-Vic)
Hello friends,

Before i become crazy, i contact you all in order to get info.
I have been trying hard to purchase two tickets from Madrid to Sevilla with AVE, one way, for the day of March 8th 5pm train.
Everytime, Renfe answer that there is no train at all during that day (prior day and following day is the same actually);
How could i, to day or to morrow, purchase those two tickets (web prices if available) in advance.
Renfe advertise a possible anticipated purchase from 60 days before the date of travel.
To day,l available tickets for instance are for the date of Jan 30 and nothing else...
I have tried on a windows system and on a mac system with equivalent zero results..

Please help me

Thanks to you all

Holy Year Credential
Get the HOLY YEAR Camino Credential (Passport) here.
Silver Oxide Camino de Santiago pendent
Camino de Santiago pendant that has a shell on the front, and "Camino de Santiago" engraved on the back. Comes with a black cord. Pendent is slightly larger than a 50 euro cent coin, about 25mm.

eze

Year of past OR future Camino
Francès 2005/2006
Norte 2007
Plata 2008
Eze (home) Roma
Mozarabe April 2014 (Granada-Cordoba) March 2016 (Córdoba-Merida)
Camino Gironès September 2014 (La Jonquera-Vic)
Just to say that i have just bought my tickets on Renfe site.

Renfe, yesterday,(Jan 14th 2010) has updated the timetable with only two trains for 8 March 2010.

This morning, they updated the whole list of trains. This afternoon, i have been able to buy my ticket for the desired trains. I had been trying for a good number of days...It confirms that their reservation system is not ready to customers 62 days before the date of travel, as they advertise it...

Anyway, I wish to say that Renfe web reservation system worked without any problem.
They also sent a mail confirmation. I did my reservation on a Mac computer on Firefox.

Rendons à César...

peregrina2000

Staff member
Hi, Eze,

Thank you so VERY much! I just got on the RENFE site and bought a ticket on the AVE from Madrid to Sevilla for 32E. That compares pretty nicely to the posted "Tarifa General" rate of about 80E. I was able to buy tickets for April 30, by the way, so availability seems to go out further than 62 days. I saw that one of the earlier trains was already sold out for the web fare, so these tickets must go quickly.

My credit card charge appears to have worked perfectly and I was able to print out the ticket without a problem.

I really appreciate your posting this. Laurie