Search 59,165 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Fine art photography from the Camino Ways.
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

Rent a bike

eliss

Past OR future Camino
August 2016
Hi, I really suffer very sunny days, and I think I will rent a bike from Burgos to Leon to pass mesetas in 3 days. Do you think it is possibile and how?
Thank you

Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

biarritzdon

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
CF11, CF12, CP13, CF14, CA15, S.Anton15, CF&CI15
Ditch Pig16, CF&CP17, CdN18, CM18, CF18, LePuy19
There is a service called cycling rentals from Porto, but it requires reservations and July is their high season for rentals.

bunnymac

Past OR future Camino
CF 2012 SJPP-Logrono, 2013 Logrono-Burgos, 2014 Burgos-Leon
CF August/September 2016 SJPP- Santiago
I am using a company called nava-rent.es. email info@nava-rent.es. Five day one way bike hire from Logrono to Leon is costing €150 per person including panniers/helmet/repair kit etc. I have been in touch with the guy (Javier) he's seems decent and will give you a quote by return of email. Look at Gronze.com and check out the elevations and distances to give yourself an idea of what's involved. Three days from Burgos to Leon should be pretty manageable.

Past OR future Camino
Us:Camino Frances, 2015 Me:Catalan/Aragonese, 2019
I really suffer very sunny days

Peg keeps mentioning that if she did the meseta again she would bike it. I am blond and blue-eyed and for decades I've said that I like sunny days because you can find out where the shade is easier. However I really liked walking the meseta. I wore light nylon long-sleeved shirts and pants and a billed cap. Since I was walking west in the morning I wasn't looking into the sun.

Often I tell people to look into renting a bicycle (mainly because they are pressed for time) but here I'm suggesting that the walk may be okay.