• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Rent or buy a bike

Hans Inge

Time of past OR future Camino
May 2018
I'll arrive in Burgos 11th May 2018. I'll bike from Burgos 12th for 4 days on the El Camino Frances towards Santiago del Compostella. The plan is 50 - 80 km each day. Thereafter I'll travel to Costa Blanca on the 16th and I hope to bring the bike with me. I'm thinking about buying a bike in Burgos - https://www.decathlon.es/bicicleta-de-montaa-btwin-rockrider-520-azul-marino-275-id_8351007.html and equip it with a rear rack.

My question is:
Will this bike be suitable for this trip?

Brgs. Hans Inge

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
That bike should be fine. Depending on what kind of cycling shape you are in, you may find 80 km a bit much on a mountain bike since they are a bit heavier and slower than road touring bikes. On the bright side, they are more versatile and you can use them on road, off road and gravel. Buen Camino!

The bike in question looks much like the bikes we rented to travel from Burgos to Leon, which was just fine. However, we only used it to travel across the meseta which is relatively flat, save for that crazy hill leaving Burgos, so I'm not sure how it would be otherwise.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I''ve decided to rent a bike. The rental company needs a delivery address where I'm staying, but since I don't know where to book I'll apprecitate recommandations for a hostel I can book now. Please help.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Not really, there is an albergue about two blocks away toward the river but I "lost" my seat cover in their storage room. I did not like the management.

There is an amazing albergue about 10kms outside of Burgos, called La Fabrica which is where we had our bikes delivered to. Wonderful rooms, amazing food and fabulous hosts!! If you call to reserve though, make sure you have the right location because apparently there are two albergue with the same name and the other one is in a completely different town.

Most read last week in this forum

Ivan. I believe I can rent two bikes through you between Burgos and Leon. Can you let me know if this is possible? I plan to arrive in Burgos on 11 May and start cycling the next day. Thanks

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back