• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Renting a bike in Bilbao

Jim F.

Time of past OR future Camino
Jun'05, May'10, Sep'15, Sep'17, Jun'19, Jun'22
Hi, would anyone know of a store where I could rent a bike in Bilbao to do the Camino?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi, would anyone know of a store where I could rent a bike in Bilbao to do the Camino?
Hi
Bikeiberia.com rent bikes and deliver to anywhere in Spain! They are delivering one for me tomRoncesvalles, their customer service thus far has been 1st class
Cheers
Paul

Hi
Bikeiberia.com rent bikes and deliver to anywhere in Spain! They are delivering one for me tomRoncesvalles, their customer service thus far has been 1st class
Cheers
Paul
Thank you Paulo for the tip. Buen Camino!!!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I know This post is late but thought maybe it could help a future pilgrim. I cycled the camino Del Norte from Bilbao in September 2015 and rent d from bicigrino. When I got to Bilbao my pension (Zubia) was right next to a bike shop that rented bikes for about $100 cheaper than what I got mine for. Wish I would have waited until I got there to rent and would have saved $$. The rentals con with pannier bags and good bikes with 29" wheels. They don't have a web page, but they had a bunch of bikes for rent. I told Javi that I would spread the word on this forum for him. Next time I got back to cycle the camino, I will go there.

I know This post is late but thought maybe it could help a future pilgrim. I cycled the camino Del Norte from Bilbao in September 2015 and rent d from bicigrino. When I got to Bilbao my pension (Zubia) was right next to a bike shop that rented bikes for about $100 cheaper than what I got mine for. Wish I would have waited until I got there to rent and would have saved $$. The rentals con with pannier bags and good bikes with 29" wheels. They don't have a web page, but they had a bunch of bikes for rent. I told Javi that I would spread the word on this forum for him. Next time I got back to cycle the camino, I will go there.
Do you know the name of the bike shop? Maybe an address and phone number? Thx.

Hopefully you figure it out by now, but I tried doing a search on Google and couldn't find it. Maybe the best thing to do is call Zubia Urban Rooms in Bilbao (very close to train station) and ask them. The owner of Zubia is really good friends with the owner of the bike shop and they're both named Javier. They have high quality bikes and pannier bags and you can drop them off in Santiago as well. Both Javi's were super helpful and I even bought some toe straps for my pedals from there and it was only like 5-10 Euros. Good luck and buen camino
Zubia Urban Rooms
Calle Amistad, 5, 48001 Bilbao, Bizkaia, Spain
+34 944 24 85 66

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi Justin, thanks. I will spend some days in Bilbao and I would like to rent a bike, could you please give me his number or any other detail to contact the shop? Thanks

Most read last week in this forum

I Willl start biking from SJPD on 9.may with Ebike. I have a list of bike friendly albergs is there somebody who have experience with charging batery in such alberg. Do i need afdition 220v...
Ivan. I believe I can rent two bikes through you between Burgos and Leon. Can you let me know if this is possible? I plan to arrive in Burgos on 11 May and start cycling the next day. Thanks
Plan to cycle between Burgos and Leon over three or four days. Are there any interesting detours between these two cities that would take up a 4th day?

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back