• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Renting bikes on some days?

MrsGoGo

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Portugués spring 2018.
Thanks for this lovely forum! We will start from Porto on April 22, 2018. I practiced too much and got pain in my leg. If we cannot walk every day, we could rent bikes for some stages. Is it possible? Experiences from this? For what stages would you recommend a bike as an alternative? We have not decided on the route, Coastal or Central. Thanks!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Cycling Through the Centuries is a good service, but I think you will find they have a minimum rental period of a week to 10 days. They are a English freindly Portuguese company that delivers and pick-ups your bike. I did the coastal on foot last year, I think it is doable on a bike but the boardwalks would making passing pedestrians a hassle at times. I walked the Central a few years ago, they are both lovely walks and there are only a few places where vehicular traffic would be an issue.

No- walk take a break or take the bus or a taxi cyclists told me its a different experience on a bike as often they take the road not the walking track. You'll have to transfer luggage from pack to saddlebag - why make life difficult its enough of a challenge anyway. Walk leas and chill if you need it the only pressure comes from yourself to do mileage no-one else Buon camino Deb currently 3 days & 75kms in at present.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I want to do in Sep 2018 what you did in Apr 2018. some walking and some biking between Porto and Santiago. What was you experiences?

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everyone, I went on a short coastal Camino Portugues in March with my 11 year old son and wanted to share some of my experiences here. We walked a very small part of the Camino. We started...
Hi fellow pilgrims! I have walked 1450km over several years on the Camino Frances alone, without planning much. This year is going to be very different! I have convinced my mom to come with me. I...
Hi, arrived in Porto today starting the coastal camino on Friday! I just found out the hostel I am staying at does not allow pack pick up. Im walking to vila cha 1st day and physically I cannot...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back