• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Reopening and Accommodation

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

PedroG

Time of past OR future Camino
September (2020)
Hello Everybody

I am a brand new member, intending to walk the Camino (for charity) in September this year (postponed from my original plan of April).

Now that visitors to Spain from UK/France are permitted I am interested in finding out about Albergues opening. Will there be sufficient albergue or similar accommodation open to enable me to walk the route continuously in September/early October?

I would be grateful for any information.

PedroG

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
PedroG,
Welcome to the Forum.
Check the topic Covid and the status of albergues opening. It cites several recent posts re the present situation.
Happy research and Buen camino.

Hey PedroG, as mentioned above you can find relevant information for Albuergues openings on the Frances in this thread. I am heading to Santander in two weeks and will walk the Camino Norte, maybe switching to Camino Frances using the San Salvador route connecting Oviedo and Leon. I will be posting regularly about the situation in the LIVE on Camino thread.

It is very hard to say as many albergues rely on volunteers that usually come from other European countries and I assume there will be a lack of those, so some part of albergues will be probably closed, yet I believe that there will still be a bunch of accommodation options opened, especially on the Camino Frances. The only question is what is gonna happen with the spread of COVID after the hordes of tourists will return to the Spanish resorts (England finally announced the air bridge, and based on the pictures from UK beaches, it seems some Brits are not that scared) this summer and how the governments will potentially react.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back