• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Report ?

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2018
Spring 2023 Via de la Plata
I've already received 2 Compostela for completing routes, and don't need more. I'm still walking other routes. Is reporting activity helpful, or not important?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I've already received 2 Compostela for completing routes, and don't need more. I'm still walking other routes. Is reporting activity helpful, or not important?
I'm sure that the cathedral would Iike to have as much information as possible about pilgrim demographics and routes walked, but it's entirely up to you if you want to provide that information by registering and receiving either a Compostela, "welcome certificate," or distance certificate.

Another reason for reporting? To inform pilgrims interested in your experience, regarding route and accommodation and places of interest.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
At the clear risk of rerouting (!) this thread, here is a perfect example of what happens when we all sit at our place on the perimeter, reading the same words, but filtering them through our own perspective! Thank you @trecile.
I meant that if you don't get a Compostela, how do they know how many and where people have walked and is that important.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I meant that if you don't get a Compostela, how do they know how many and where people have walked and is that important.
The Compostela figures are a rough indicator of the number of people who have walked a Camino. Some people will not be counted if they stopped short of Santiago for some reason. Others like myself no longer ask for a Compostela even if they finish in Santiago. I think that is still a relatively small percentage of pilgrims. Understanding the general trends is probably more important than knowing actual numbers very precisely. I do not feel any obligation to have my journeys recorded by the pilgrim office.

Statistics are always important (to some!). Maybe get the Distancia instead of the Compostela?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

I requested a Mass to be offered with the botafumerio from the Cathederal for May 27th. Here is the update from the Cathederal: “We are contacting you to inform you that unfortunately the...
Does Ivan's place close for siesta or dinner? Trying to sort how to get my stored luggage and I know places close in Spain even when their doors say the hours they are open. Are we supposed to...
Hey I’m looking at starting my Camino from Burgos in about 2-3 days. I’m wanting to use casa ivar storage. Has anyone used this service before? It sounds very good the webpage is just a little...
Anyone from the forum working in the Pilgrim’s Office May 1-14? We’ll be walking two Caminos and will say hi if you are!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back