• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Requirements for Canadians to Fly

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Albertagirl

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances; Aragones; VdlP; Madrid-Invierno; Levante
I'll be on my way a couple of days later from Canada and am wondering if regulations are changing for Canadians at the same time. I shall have my proof of double vaccination with me, which consists of two letter sized sheets, with the information written in by the nurse who gave me my injection each time: they don't look anything like a CDC document. I hope that they will be all that I need, if these changes apply in any way to Canadian arrivals. I think I'm heading for Spanish online info right now, to see what I can find out.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Albertagirl,
You probably don’t have the 3 weeks needed to get myhealthrecord Alberta set up - you can print or take a screen shot of your vaccination record which looks much more official.
However if you go to your doctors office, ( or maybe even your pharmacy) they will be able print out your vaccination record from Netcare. It looks more acceptable than those 2 pieces of paper given out when we received the vaccines.

@auburnfive
Thanks for this. I shall stop in at my local pharmacy and see whether they can print my vaccination record from Netcare (whatever that is, presumably they will know). A couple of days ago, one of the pharmacists gave me a KN95 mask, from a bin of them which the staff were using. He couldn't sell me one, but said that he would give me one, because I am one of their customers.
I am not too worried about getting into Spain. I need a covid test to transit through Heathrow Airport and the Spanish website for entry into Spain treats covid tests and covid vaccines as equivalent, both of which I shall have, although I may not need either.
Like others on this forum, I shall feel safer when I know that Americans, as a significant portion of those who are currently travelling to Spain, now need to be vaccinated or fulfill other covid requirements to do so. But I don't really expect to meet many people of any origins close-up when walking the Levante and staying largely in hotels. It is one advantage of my chosen route, for this pandemic year.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Spain did not change their entry policy for travellers who fly from Canada to Spain and who spent the last 14 days before their departure in Canada.

Travellers from Canada do not need proof of vaccination and they do not need proof of a negative test. All they need for entry at a Spanish airport is the Spanish Health QR code.

The recent change decided by Spain - introduction of the obligation to be vaccinated instead of unrestricted entry for all - concerns only travellers from the USA and from five other countries; they happen to have a low membership on this forum: Israel, Lebanon, Montenegro, North Macedonia, and Kosovo. The move followed an earlier, widely publicised EU Recommendation and is based on a recent and significant increase of Covid-19 cases in these 6 countries.

Spain did not change their entry policy for travellers who fly from Canada to Spain and who spent the last 14 days before their departure in Canada.

Travellers from Canada do not need proof of vaccination and they do not need proof of a negative test. All they need for entry at a Spanish airport is the Spanish Health QR code.

The recent change decided by Spain - introduction of the obligation to be vaccinated instead of unrestricted entry for all - concerns only travellers from the USA and from five other countries; they happen to have a low membership on this forum: Israel, Lebanon, Montenegro, North Macedonia, and Kosovo. The move followed an earlier, widely publicised EU Recommendation and is based on a recent and significant increase of Covid-19 cases in these 6 countries.
Thank you @Kathar1na.
The situation in Alberta is getting rapidly worse, as cases of COVID-19 rise among the unvaccinated. It seems strange to me that countries such as Britain have just put Canada on their "green list" when I am afraid to go out in public and glad to be leaving Alberta behind for nearly three months. But I know that I have done everything I can and more than I am currently required to, to remain safe and no threat to others. Only I am so close to departure and so busy with last minute preparations that I don't have the mental energy to start searching online for direct information from Spain, or from the UK, where I am transiting. Like others, I have been gratefully relying on your assistance in keeping forum members informed during this pandemic. Thank you so much.

Thank you @Kathar1na.
The situation in Alberta is getting rapidly worse, as cases of COVID-19 rise among the unvaccinated. It seems strange to me that countries such as Britain have just put Canada on their "green list" when I am afraid to go out in public and glad to be leaving Alberta behind for nearly three months. But I know that I have done everything I can and more than I am currently required to, to remain safe and no threat to others. Only I am so close to departure and so busy with last minute preparations that I don't have the mental energy to start searching online for direct information from Spain, or from the UK, where I am transiting. Like others, I have been gratefully relying on your assistance in keeping forum members informed during this pandemic. Thank you so much.
Buen Camino, looking forward to hearing how you are doing on your Camino !

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thank you @Kathar1na.
today is my last day of self imposed 7 day isolation (USA, natural immunity) on return. whew! Buen Camino!

Status
Not open for further replies.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back