• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Research Opportunity May - June 2010

dblitzer

Hello,

My name is David Blitzer and I am a junior at the College of William and Mary in Williamsburg, Va. I am currently seeking individuals aged 60+ to take part in a study of the physiological effects of participation in the Camino along the Camino Frances. Our group would be performing the journey from mid-May to the end of June but pilgrims who will be participating on their own at other times would also be welcomed to participate. If anyone has any interest in participating or has any questions about the study, please feel free to email me at dblitzer@wm.edu.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Re: Research Opportunity

Hi David - its me again - not begging for a free camino this time, just wanting to make a few comments on the physiological effects of walking the camino.
Exercise + fresh air + endorphins + adrenaline + seretonin = eurphoria (happy pilgrim!!)

Re: Research Opportunity

Hello David,
I won't be on the camino this year unfortunately but I'd like to to add to Sil's very succinct comments from my perspective.

The first time I went over the Route Napoleon at age 59 it seemed really hard. At some points I could only take a few steps at a time and had to stop to catch my breath. The next time, 3 years later, it was easier and the next, another year later, it was easier still. Now it doesn't seem like that hard of a walk to me. (Easy to say from the comfort of my computer chair!)

There is no part of my body that feels worse as a result of walking the camino. I'm one of the lucky ones though - so far I haven't had any blisters which must make it so much easier because I definitely don't do pain well.

I feel as if I give myself a few extra years of life every time I do the camino. I lose weight, I get stronger, I feel healthier, I feel happier. I can't wait to do it again.
Cecelia

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
Yes, pardon me. So I've just read this cool article about the closing of the Puerta del Perdón in the Monastery of Santo Toribio for the holy year (and it is a very beautiful peurta for sure). It...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back