Search 60,048 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Research participants wanted!

• Thread starter Former member 99616
  • Start date

Book your train ticket here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

Lapelerine

Past OR future Camino
Portuguese Way, Costal
Are you a female traveler who has walked the Camino de Santiago and found it life-changing?

My name is Claudia Marusanici and I am a graduate student at Alef Trust - MSc in Consciousness, Spirituality and Transpersonal Psychology (accredited by Liverpool John Moores, UK). I am recruiting participants for my study, which aims to examine the experience of transformation for solo female travelers walking the Camino de Santiago.

I am looking for:
• Female travelers that have walked alone any of the Camino routes for at least 2 weeks
• Adults >18 years old
• Have done the Camino in the last five years
• Have carried their backpack for the entire trip
• Describe their journey as life-changing
• Eloquent, capable of self-reflection and willing to share vivid, accurate, and comprehensive portrayals of what their experience of transformation was like
• Fluent in English
• Willing to agree to a 60-90 min in-depth interview over Zoom and follow-up emails
• Willing to have their interview audio recorded.

Although the interview will be semi-structured, I would like for us to go on a venture that holds the potential to transform how each of us knows and understands ourselves and others, and how we make sense of the world around us.

You are also invited to contribute any written materials such as journal entries, letters, poems, or stories documenting your experience.

Interested participants should contact me at C.M.Marusanici@2019.ljmu.ac.uk for more information. Further questions about this study could be directed to my dissertation supervisor, Tadas Stumbrys, at tadas.stumbrys@aleftrust.org.
Thank you for your time and consideration!
Hi Claudia, I sent you an email. This is very cool study.

grayland

Staff member
Past OR future Camino
Yes
As always…please do your own due diligence before giving any personal information. Please be very careful in any disclosure.

The forum staff has no knowledge of the new member who has posted this request…nor…do we have reason to question the validity of the study in question.

Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
John Brierley 2022 Camino Guide
Get your today and start planning.

Tassie Kaz

Sempre Avanti
Past OR future Camino
2023?
Yes, and being upfront about it so as not to waste people’s time - or hers, I imagine. Not all researchers approach potential participants with as much disclosure.

Love her photo from the Primitivo ❤️
@jenny@zen...I was hugely impressed you recognised the photo as a scene from the Primitivo...then I saw it's written on the bottom of the pic! 🤣
👣 🌏

F

Former member 99290

@Claudia Marusanici Apologies for the temporary derailment of your thread. You’ll find that happens, regularly, on this forum 😎

Walking the Camino was in fact life changing for me in lots of ways (as it is for many) and, in a very tangible way, as i met my now husband while walking the Camino Le Puy. But I’m undecided yet if I want to participate.

More importantly, best wishes for your research. 🙏

Status
Not open for further replies.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 105 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg