• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Reservation at Orisson's

Tracie

Time of past OR future Camino
Fall (2017)
I'm sorry if this question has been asked already, I looked but could not find it. If I have a reservation at Orisson's but find when I get there that I want to continue on, can I cancel and get a refund? If not, can I donate my bed to someone who would really need it?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
In the confirmation of reservation that you receive from Orisson, having paid the full amount of (currently) 36 euros plus the PayPal charges I believe that it states that what you have paid is is non-refundable. I guess you could call in and tell them you do not, after all, want the bed there for the night.

It also says in the email confirmation that you have until 18:30 to arrive (it used to be a lot earlier than this i'm sure...) after which your bed will be given to someone else - though i'm sure they then also have to pay the 36 euros.

I love Orisson, it will be my second time staying ther in September this year.

Buen camino!

Hi Tracie, if you have a reservation at Orrison don’t even think of giving it up. Orrison is a Camino Institution that is worth experiencing. It’s cool, it’s relaxed; sitting on the terrace all afternoon with an amazing view is worth every euro cent. The dinner is great, the company will probably be great too. The beds are comfy. Slow down and stay there, you can continue on tomorrow. Jill

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Do not have a reservation yet. Going last week of August this year. I have emailed them back in early Dec but have not heard back. I don't speak Spanish so am hesitant to call. Am I to early to try to book for August? After reading your responses i am looking forward to staying and experiencing it.

Do not have a reservation yet. Going last week of August this year. I have emailed them back in early Dec but have not heard back. I don't speak Spanish so am hesitant to call. Am I to early to try to book for August? After reading your responses i am looking forward to staying and experiencing it.
I just reserved for my stay in July. How did you contact them? I sent an email to this address: refuge.orisson@wanadoo.fr
I heard back in 4 days, with a follow up request for payment via PayPal.
Orisson is in France, so they speak French if you call them. And on their site it says to call after 9 am if you need to speak English.
I reserved for two people and they just asked for partial payment, equal to the cost for one person.

I just booked for September, I emailed (in French using a translation website) the address that trecile mentioned, it took a couple of days for them to get back to me but they did and now I'm sorted.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Tracie - Orrison is actually still in France - I used google crome to translate my email into French as well as the English version. August is almost high season so if you want my suggestion - send the email today. As was posted (#2 reply?) Orrison is one of "those must stops", also as the first day from St Jean is all up hill the 8 km (5mile) first day is a good suggestion. Cheers

I just reserved for my stay in July. How did you contact them? I sent an email to this address: refuge.orisson@wanadoo.fr
I heard back in 4 days, with a follow up request for payment via PayPal.
Orisson is in France, so they speak French if you call them. And on their site it says to call after 9 am if you need to speak English.
I reserved for two people and they just asked for partial payment, equal to the cost for one person.
Thank you for the email address. I did not have @wanadoo.fr on the original address. Just emailed them. Thanks again

Hi Tracie - Orrison is actually still in France - I used google crome to translate my email into French as well as the English version. August is almost high season so if you want my suggestion - send the email today. As was posted (#2 reply?) Orrison is one of "those must stops", also as the first day from St Jean is all up hill the 8 km (5mile) first day is a good suggestion. Cheers
I am not to good with French either lol Took your advice and emailed them in French but forgot to include an English version. More of my dorkness coming out :) I do have a translater downloaded so I'll be able to read the response from them. Thanks again to all of you, really appreciate your advice

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I am not to good with French either lol Took your advice and emailed them in French but forgot to include an English version. More of my dorkness coming out :) I do have a translater downloaded so I'll be able to read the response from them. Thanks again to all of you, really appreciate your advice
I emailed them in broken French with an English version as well and they replied in perfect English! I'm really looking forward to staying there in June after reading these posts.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
We are planning to begin our Camino Frances on April 15, 2016... how soon should we be booking our night in Orrison? Now? Many thanks,
Jo

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Just got my reply back from Orisson's! Got my reservation they also recommended the Villa Harriet in SJPD. Has anyone stayed there?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I'm sorry if this question has been asked already, I looked but could not find it. If I have a reservation at Orisson's but find when I get there that I want to continue on, can I cancel and get a refund? If not, can I donate my bed to someone who would really need it?
Tracie, I thought about doing the same last Sept. I had made my reservation 2 months in advance. I was tired when I arrived at Orisson, but after a rest and a lunch, I felt rejuvenated and thought about proceeding to Roncesvalles. Instead, I decided to stay for the night and was extremely glad I did when I started walking the next day. The hike over the mountain is strenuous. I know many pilgrims do it it one day, not necessarily by choice, as beds are limited in Orisson. I'm 65, but pretty fit. I trained extensively before my Camino. So, unless you're very fit with extensive training, I think you'll suffer unnecessarily at the very beginning of your Camino. If time is not of the essence, I'd strongly suggest making use of your reservation. Besides, Orisson is a nice start of a Camino as you'll get to meet other pilgrims at the dinner and have the start of relationships that may continue during your Camino.

I'm sorry if this question has been asked already, I looked but could not find it. If I have a reservation at Orisson's but find when I get there that I want to continue on, can I cancel and get a refund? If not, can I donate my bed to someone who would really need it?[/QUOT
staying at Orisson was one of the highlights of my walk last year. It also made the walk over the mountain easier, stay there, you won't regret it

I initially emailed them over the winter but they were closed. I emailed again a couple of weeks ago and heard back with a confirmation and a PayPal link within 24 hours. I booked two beds for my daughter and I and had to pay for one, which is no refundable. We pay the balance upon arrival.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I emailed Orrison in English a week ago but have not yet received a reply. I would like to call them and can call after 9am but seeing as they are 9 hours ahead of my local time, if I call in my morning, it's around 5pm there... does anyone know if someone who speaks English is still there at that time?

I emailed Orrison in English a week ago but have not yet received a reply. I would like to call them and can call after 9am but seeing as they are 9 hours ahead of my local time, if I call in my morning, it's around 5pm there... does anyone know if someone who speaks English is still there at that time?

refuge.orisson@wanadoo.fr is the correct email address for them. It took a few days to hear back from them. Thanks to trecile for the email address :)

It is typical for Orrison to take some time to get back to people, especially now in winter when they are closed. I would simply be a bit more patient ;-) If the person who would answer the phone can speak English, nobody here can tell you that with certainty, perhaps you could ask a friend that speaks French to call for you? Buen Camino, SY

In the confirmation of reservation that you receive from Orisson, having paid the full amount of (currently) 36 euros plus the PayPal charges I believe that it states that what you have paid is is non-refundable. I guess you could call in and tell them you do not, after all, want the bed there for the night.

It also says in the email confirmation that you have until 18:30 to arrive (it used to be a lot earlier than this i'm sure...) after which your bed will be given to someone else - though i'm sure they then also have to pay the 36 euros.

I love Orisson, it will be my second time staying ther in September this year.

Buen camino!
Wild Place - Will definitely stay at Orrison based on your recommendation. Are you saying it is a good idea to have money in your PayPal account? Sounds great if lots of places take it and it is secure. What do you think?
Thanks!!
Mike (Arriving SJPP last week in May 2017)

Hi Tracie, if you have a reservation at Orrison don’t even think of giving it up. Orrison is a Camino Institution that is worth experiencing. It’s cool, it’s relaxed; sitting on the terrace all afternoon with an amazing view is worth every euro cent. The dinner is great, the company will probably be great too. The beds are comfy. Slow down and stay there, you can continue on tomorrow. Jill
Thanks Jill - I will stay there for sure now. This forum is great, and thank you for sharing that! - Mike

Hi Mike

The people at Orisson sent me a PayPal invoice for the full amount for one night accommodation, dinner & breakfast. I paid this and my booking is now guaranteed. You don't necessarily need a PayPal account, when they send you the invoice you can pay with PayPal or just using your credit/Debit card.

In 2013 I booked for two people and they requested a deposit of 50% then on arrival my friend paid in cash for her bed.

Most places along the Camino take cash, not many places take card payments and probably even fewer take PayPal payments. The Orisson one was PayPal because I booked it a couple of months ahead.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
... Are you saying it is a good idea to have money in your PayPal account? Sounds great if lots of places take it and it is secure. What do you think? ...

No, I don't know of any other albergue that accepts PayPal payment on the spot. Cash is king on the Caminos. Buen Camino, SY

No, I don't know of any other albergue that accepts PayPal payment on the spot. Cash is king on the Caminos. Buen Camino, SY
I just emailed my reservation request for Orissons. Thanks again to all!

Wild Place - Will definitely stay at Orrison based on your recommendation. Are you saying it is a good idea to have money in your PayPal account? Sounds great if lots of places take it and it is secure. What do you think?
Thanks!!
Mike (Arriving SJPP last week in May 2017)
No, you won't find lots of places, if any, that take PayPal upon arrival. There are a few larger private albergues/hostels that take credit cards. I was low on cash in Logroño, and I paid with credit card for myself and two friends at Hostel Entresueños.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
HI all, I will be starting my walk on March 31, taking the Valcarlos Route, and am having trouble getting in touch with the albergue in Valcarlos (tried email and what's app - no luck!). Does...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back