• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Reservation Camping Angeiras and others

Rainerbernd

Time of past OR future Camino
On St James ways since 1971
Olá peregrinos,

Orbitur company has 4 places along the Caminho da Costa: Angeiras, Rio Alto, Viana do Castelo and Caminha. As a pilgrim you will get a very fair price showing your credential when you check in. Pilgrims can stay in cottages and bungalows.
From June to September the swimming pool is free for pilgrims. WIFI is always free.

Please, do never book at booking.com or other platforms or on Orbitur website!!!! If you check on a booking site you may get the answer - nothing is free. Why this? Not all cottages and bungalows are under contract at these platforms. A serious amount is reserved for pilgrims and tourists coming without reservation.

You want to be shure about your accommodation? Please make a reservation under: infoangeiras@orbitur.pt with all data and don´t forget the magic word pilgrim! For other Orbitur places mail to info.............................@orbitur.pt just put in the name of the place. I forgot to say: Your credential entitles you to stay more than one night.

Bom caminho, Rainer

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I stayed in Angeiras in November for one night and would highly recommend it. The (very kind and friendly) lady in reception told me she would keep my credencial until the morning, (even though I had paid in full the night before) and the office didn't open until 9am, but in November this was not a problem. I am sure if it was Summer and you wanted an early getaway you could probably negotiate something. Just as you need to apply directly to get the pilgrim rate, you need to pay in advance, in the reception/office to get pilgrim meal in the (very nice) restaurant. They do both a salad lunch and a pilgrim menu dinner.

I stayed in Angeiras in November for one night and would highly recommend it. The (very kind and friendly) lady in reception told me she would keep my credencial until the morning, (even though I had paid in full the night before) and the office didn't open until 9am, but in November this was not a problem. I am sure if it was Summer and you wanted an early getaway you could probably negotiate something. Just as you need to apply directly to get the pilgrim rate, you need to pay in advance, in the reception/office to get pilgrim meal in the (very nice) restaurant. They do both a salad lunch and a pilgrim menu dinner.

Olá timr,

in summer the reception opens at 7am. Why do they keep credentials over night? They want their key back! If you want to leave early - no problem. The guard will have your credential ready at any time you want to leave.

Some pilgrims arrive very late and the reception is closed. The guard always has a bungalow for you. If he is on his way in the park call the number written on the door and he will let you in. The payment has to be done next morning in the reception.

You don´t have to buy a voucher (9 €) at the reception to get a good pilgrim menu dinner. Just 50 m from the entrance there is a good restaurant named Mira Pargue. There, the pilgrim menu is only 5 € including 1/2 a litre of wine. At the camp restaurant they only serve 1/4 a litre of wine! You love fresh fish? Go down to the tiny little restaurants at the beach. It´s only 100m from the boat into the kitchen and the fisherman´s wife knows how to prepare a good fresh fish.

Btw. remember, one drink goes with the pilgrim menu. Therefore your first order should be the expensive drink and then the cheap water!

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi Rainer,
I wasn't complaining :)! And thanks too as it was you who put me on to Orbitur and I would have no hesitation in staying again.
And yes! I didn't have the evening meal in the campsite restaurant - I went to the beach and had as fine grilled sardines, (grilled about 2 metres from where I sat) as I have had anywhere! It was a Sunday and I was a little worried there would be nothing open as it was extremely busy in all the larger restaurants along the road for Sunday lunch that day. But it was fine!
The restaurant onsite was not open the morning I left (which was in mid-November) but plenty of cafes in the town for coffee and croissant.

Hi Rainer,
I wasn't complaining :)! And thanks too as it was you who put me on to Orbitur and I would have no hesitation in staying again.
And yes! I didn't have the evening meal in the campsite restaurant - I went to the beach and had as fine grilled sardines, (grilled about 2 metres from where I sat) as I have had anywhere! It was a Sunday and I was a little worried there would be nothing open as it was extremely busy in all the larger restaurants along the road for Sunday lunch that day. But it was fine!
The restaurant onsite was not open the morning I left (which was in mid-November) but plenty of cafes in the town for coffee and croissant.

Olá timr,
I´m very happy you enjoyed your stay in Angeiras and the grilled sardines at the beach. I will have the joy in May and June staying in Angeiras for hospitaleiro. It´s always a great pleasure to choose the fresh fish and watch the preparation right some steps away.

Well, the campsite restaurant isn´t open in the morning. I have my breakfast at Cafe Nossa Senhora de Fatima - down the cobblestone road. For locals and pilgrims it opens at 6am, pretty early.

bheannachtaí croíúil eatarthu,

Rainer

Thank you for this information....I think catching the old tram will be a wonderful way to start our camino in September.
Are there accomodation options before Angeiras as this maybe too far for our first day...?
Thank you.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Olá timr,
I´m very happy you enjoyed your stay in Angeiras and the grilled sardines at the beach. I will have the joy in May and June staying in Angeiras for hospitaleiro. It´s always a great pleasure to choose the fresh fish and watch the preparation right some steps away.

Well, the campsite restaurant isn´t open in the morning. I have my breakfast at Cafe Nossa Senhora de Fatima - down the cobblestone road. For locals and pilgrims it opens at 6am, pretty early.

bheannachtaí croíúil eatarthu,

Rainer
Curiosity killed the cat... your closing greeting is Gaelic?..

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thanks for all this great information.
Two of the campsites are firmly on my itinerary for next year!
Sheena

Olá peregrinos,

Orbitur company has 4 places along the Caminho da Costa: Angeiras, Rio Alto, Viana do Castelo and Caminha. As a pilgrim you will get a very fair price showing your credential when you check in. Pilgrims can stay in cottages and bungalows.
From June to September the swimming pool is free for pilgrims. WIFI is always free.

Please, do never book at booking.com or other platforms or on Orbitur website!!!! If you check on a booking site you may get the answer - nothing is free. Why this? Not all cottages and bungalows are under contract at these platforms. A serious amount is reserved for pilgrims and tourists coming without reservation.

You want to be shure about your accommodation? Please make a reservation under: infoangeiras@orbitur.pt with all data and don´t forget the magic word pilgrim! For other Orbitur places mail to info.............................@orbitur.pt just put in the name of the place. I forgot to say: Your credential entitles you to stay more than one night.

Bom caminho, Rainer
Hi,

Does this apply all along the coastal way from Lisbon/Caiscas?

Is it open during December? What is the current situation with Covid?

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back