• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Reservation Orisson and Roncesvalles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timar

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Portugues, Camino Frances, Camino Norte
Hi everyone. I have not informed yet at the albuergues themselves, but does anyone know if they already take reservations for june 21?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Well, seeing the fluctuations in this pandemic called Covid nothing is sure.
If you take a look at the Gronze website and read around here on the forum you will see that lots of albergues have not even opened this year . And I'm not a fortune teller but I'm pretty sure that lots of businesses will not reopen next year.

It is too early to predict the situation. I read that Spain is starting a vaccination in January, hoping to reach 70 percent of the spanish population around april. Same here in Belgium. Don't know what the internations travel restrictions will be. There are still lots of question marks .....

Well, I could go and check their websites and advise you. Or you could...
You can lead them to the water but you cannot make them drink ... below a screenshot of the Orisson website at this very moment of writing. And the reservation page of Roncesvalles albergue lets me pick a day in June 2021 and leads me to their payment page where, at this very moment of writing, I could pay €14 by credit card for my albergue bed in June 2021.

Orisson.jpg

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I was pondering this for a while. What was the Orisson website trying to tell me: Bookings for 2021 open. With or without coverage based on restrictions imposed.

Then I looked at the French version of the website and pondered some more: Avec ou sans couverture en fonction des restrictions imposées.

Is there perhaps some insurance coverage against potential cancellations due to Covid-19 included in the price and I had the option of booking with or without this coverage?
Then, finally, the aha moment came: 🛌.

Last edited:
I was pondering this for a while. What was the Orisson website trying to tell me: Bookings for 2021 open. With or without coverage based on restrictions imposed.

Then I looked at the French version of the website and pondered some more: Avec ou sans couverture en fonction des restrictions imposées.

Then, finally, the aha moment came: 🛌.

Oops I made the mistake of not reading the title correctly. So I made the assumption that the question covered the complete Francés and jumped right in. Should have known better!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Oops I made the mistake of not reading the title correctly. So I made the assumption that the question covered the complete Francés and jumped right in. Should have known better!
No problem. You answered a question that simply had not been asked yet. ☺️

In this vain ;): we don't know when Orisson with send the payment link after a booking on their website has been made. It used to take a long time in years long ago but it was quite quick in more recent times.

🙃

Everything in and around Biarritz is in flux right now. I suspect the family is hunkered down in retreat somewhere.

Everything in and around Biarritz is in flux right now. I suspect the family is hunkered down in retreat somewhere.
Perhaps. But I guess, like the rest of us, they are hunkered down in front of their computers. Jean-Jacques Etchandy, the owner and manager of Orrison, posted on his personal Facebook page as recently as a few days ago. 😉

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
My friends in Biarritz have become inurred to the lockdowns. They try to take walks when the Gendarmes are not on patrols, the big joke is the patrols along the shore looking for surfers and the patrol boats out arresting anyone who ventures out on the waves.

It is too early to predict the situation. I read that Spain is starting a vaccination in January, hoping to reach 70 percent of the spanish population around april. Same here in Belgium. Don't know what the internations travel restrictions will be. There are still lots of question marks .....
Hopefully, the 76% of Spaniards who say that they won't get the vaccine right away will change their minds!

My wife and I were planning to walk our 4th camino frances in Sept/Oct of this year. When it was clear that we could not travel, we cancelled all our overnight reservations, air tickets, and Jacotrans backpack reservations. We were able to cancel everything, get refunds for our flights, and get credit from Jacotrans to use next year. I was uncertain about making private room reservations in 2021 due to the combined impact of the Jubilee year and pent up demand from COVID this year. I was very pleased to learn that I was able to make reservations for private rooms with private bath every single night (mid Sept to late Oct, 2021). I used Booking.com for many places, and contacted some albergues directly via email. Now we're set except for the vaccine! Bob

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi everyone. I have not informed yet at the albuergues themselves, but does anyone know if they already take reservations or june 21?
Yes! I have my lodging booked completely from end of next June to mid August. Didn’t want to take any chances with covid and Holy year

Yes, they are definitely taking reservations through 2021 as I have reserved and paid half for July next year. Whether I'll be able to make the Camino or put Orisson down as just another donation, time will tell.

Well, I made a reservation in Roncesvalles and Orisson. But Orisson is a little late in sending the payment options, I guess .... has been a couple of days .....

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi everyone. I have not informed yet at the albuergues themselves, but does anyone know if they already take reservations for june 21?
I have made reservations at both places for late April 2021. Did it through their websites.

I booked for April 2021 at both places!

Well, I made a reservation in Roncesvalles and Orisson. But Orisson is a little late in sending the payment options, I guess .... has been a couple of days .....
I have waited about a week or so for payment request.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
My wife and I were planning to walk our 4th camino frances in Sept/Oct of this year. When it was clear that we could not travel, we cancelled all our overnight reservations, air tickets, and Jacotrans backpack reservations. We were able to cancel everything, get refunds for our flights, and get credit from Jacotrans to use next year. I was uncertain about making private room reservations in 2021 due to the combined impact of the Jubilee year and pent up demand from COVID this year. I was very pleased to learn that I was able to make reservations for private rooms with private bath every single night (mid Sept to late Oct, 2021). I used Booking.com for many places, and contacted some albergues directly via email. Now we're set except for the vaccine! Bob
This is very encouraging.
Like so many others my planned walk this year was postponed and I’m hopeful to go next year.

I booked Orrison this week for May they send two emails second one is for payment

Cant speak for June but no problem with 3rd weekend of May both places. Orrison took a little time to respond but in the end I have both of them
Have Faith & Patience

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
HI all, I will be starting my walk on March 31, taking the Valcarlos Route, and am having trouble getting in touch with the albergue in Valcarlos (tried email and what's app - no luck!). Does...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back