Search 62305 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Reservations in albergues municipal in 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emia

I wonder what it's going to be like in 2021, regarding post-covid 19. The albergues municipal usually don't take reservations, but maybe that will change in the holy year 2021? Just asking for smaller albergues like Veigadana and Portela (after Pontevedra).

Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
A two-part workshop that guides you into creating a credencial and shares it online

MichelleElynHogan

Veteran Member
Define "over". 😷
Over means no one can infect anyone else with Covid-19. As we know, we have recently seen a new variant. Who knows if the vaccine that was rolled out only days ago will cover the variant, or, if we can be infected more than once with any variant? Also, who knows how many times we will find new variants. Only one has been identified so far, that we have been told about.

Mycroft

Veteran Member
Over means no one can infect anyone else with Covid-19. As we know, we have recently seen a new variant. Who knows if the vaccine that was rolled out only days ago will cover the variant, or, if we can be infected more than once with any variant? Also, who knows how many times we will find new variants. Only one has been identified so far, that we have been told about.
And that one I understand was first seen last September so who knows what else is lurking. Yup, you are correct that the future is uncertain.

C clearly

Staff member
Time of past OR future Camino
Most years since 2012
Yes. let's hope it is ever "over" - let alone 2023-2024. If not, we will need to change the way we go about our lives and especially our travels.

How to Successfully Prepare for Your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Pocket guide that pack a punch
1.4 oz (40g) pocket guides with gems of wisdom to ponder during and after your Camino

WanderingBrian

While only discovered in like the 60s, coronaviruses have been with us for all of human time (as flu flus, some colds, bird flus, swine flus, later MERS, SARS, etc) more likely, we will simply adapt and live with it as humans always have.

trecile

Staff member
PAST - Francés, Norte, Salvador, Portuguese
While only discovered in like the 60s, coronaviruses have been with us for all of human time (as flu flus, some colds, bird flus, swine flus, later MERS, SARS, etc) more likely, we will simply adapt and live with it as humans always have.
Just to clarify - I understand that we will have to adapt to the new reality of dealing with another virus, but swine flu, bird flu, and other flus are caused by influenza viruses, not coronaviruses.
Coronaviruses do cause some colds, MERS and SARS.

WanderingBrian

Just to clarify - I understand that we will have to adapt to the new reality of dealing with another virus, but swine flu, bird flu, and other flus are caused by influenza viruses, not coronaviruses.
Coronaviruses do cause some colds, MERS and SARS.

Fair correction. Thanks!

A two-part workshop that guides you into creating a credencial and shares it online
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

JillGat

la tierra encantada
The current Covid19 vaccines are effective against the new variants. There is research going on about when and if people will need booster shots to cover other variants that may emerge. The more people who get vaccinated, the less likely the virus will have an opportunity to continue to evolve into more dangerous variants.

C clearly

Staff member
Most years since 2012
I'll close this thread, which has strayed off the topic of municipal albergue reservations in 2021. Other threads are available with more up-to-date information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

Dear all, I'm doing my 1st Camino this October & I'm nervous about whether I made the right choice in buying a 28L Osprey backpack. I had initially purchased a 30L Macpac bag, but it was somehow...
I presume plenty of people have this situation. I have walked the Camino before in 2015, I walked the Camino Frances. Since then I’ve done lots of hiking trips with my husband. I thought I was...
Hi everyone, Juli 23th I started the camino Frances from SJPDP, and currently I am in Leon. The camino has been a wonderful but also very painful experience so far, i am still trying to find my...