• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Reserving rooms ahead of time

gregggrinspan

Hi everyone and Ivar--- I am taking 50 days to walk the Camino Frances from early May through late June and want to explore having reservations for my lodging for all the nights along the way. I've spoken to one agent who is putting together a proposal for me but would like to look at other alternatives. Any ideas, names of reputable people providing these services? I've actually tried to get in touch with Frank, Ivar, but have not heard back yet.
Gregg

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi Gregg

50 days for the camino. That's brilliant! Congratulations!

But are you really sure you want to plan everything down to the last detail? You may find you want to spend extra time somewhere or you may have to hole up for a couple of days to get over an unforeseen ailment.
I'm sure that if money is no object, you will always find a place to stay, even at the last minute.

But whatever you choose, I wish you a great Camino.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
In big towns no problem using 1800hotels or booking.com , best hotel deal i got was 26 euro for the night, im happy with that, im up to 45 a night in some places. For pensiones if you phone them not all of them speak english so its best to email them ,they will want credit card proof and a couple want 50% in advance.
I have managed to book 24 hotels/pensiones/albergues in advance for my trip in may

good luck

I once got a quote from a couple of agencies, can't remember which, the price worked out more than double that of just doing it oneself. I could not bring myself to pay that much, it did include luggage transfer, but still. In the end I loved the uncertainty and adventure of just walking under my own steam at my own pace. There was always a bed and a lot of the time it was great. Part of doing this thing is to let go of control stuff and just go with the flow, which along with hygene issues was a challenge I needed to face and was proud to have tackled really well. Regards, Gitti

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum

...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back