A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Resizing a photo

keithrevenge

Hey everyone,keith here in Ireland.Ive tried so many times to resize a photo for my profile pic on my profile for the forum.Nothing seems to work for me,its always too big etc.Now im useless with computers but at least i tried.Im using a mac osx about 5 years old.Can anyone help me

anniethenurse

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances.Vasco del Interior.Camino Finisterre& Muxia. Camino Portugues. Ruta del Ebro.
Re: probably the most stupid question ever

not at all a stupid question (are there any---???) My sons are usually helping me with downloading programs for these things and so with resizing, too.
Well, do a google search ¨cropping and resizing images for mac ¨and download a program.
http://www.lvsonline.com/tut-resizemac/index2.shtml
Maybe there is a way to rezise in iPhoto, too.
good luck!
buen camino
annie

KiwiNomad06

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Le Puy-Santiago(2008) Cluny-Conques+prt CF(2012)

Keith, I have a Mac but hesitated to answer as my version is newer. I export my photos from iPhoto, and I use the smallest quality and size settings. Sometimes I get it too small and I re-try by making either the quality or the size a little larger. For a profile photo I might well crop it smaller as well, also in iPhoto.
If you are still stuck, if you PM me, I will send you my e-mail address, and I could reduce a photo for you and send it back.
Margaret

dazzamac

Hi Keith, if you have Preview then you can use that to resize images. Open the image you want to resize in Preview then go to Tools >Adjust Size and a dialog box should open giving you a range of options. Then save as a new image.

Preview has been standard on Mac for several years now so you should have it on your machine.

Rebekah Scott

Camino Busybody
Camino(s) past & future
Many, various, and continuing.

you could default to Ivar, the Big Man of the Forum. Email the photo to him, and he will size it and put it on your profile, zimzam!

He´s great that way.
Reb

keithrevenge

Thanks so much everyone for the help.This forum never ceases to Amaze me,everyone is so nice and helpful.Its like an online family.Well done to Ivar and co for starting this

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
Anniesantiago Announcements 5
ivar Announcements 8
D Announcements 15
ivar Announcements 0
BobM Announcements 4

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 153 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 254 25.0%