• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Resmed equip need on CF (Resolved)

Time of past OR future Camino
May-June 2023
Good morning. I’m currently on the Frances. passing through Sahagun later this morning, and find that my CPAP F20 mask cushion is splitting. Does anybody have any suggestions for where to purchase a replacement in the area. I’d hop a bus or train to seek it out.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi,
I just looked on the Resmed site for a dealer, and all I came up with are online. You may be able to tape the split, assuming it’s on the seam between the silicone and hard plastic of the mask. You may also try asking at a farmacía (bring your mask to show the pharmacist).
Sorry this isn’t very helpful. There’s got to be a place in León.
All the best,
Paul

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Good morning. I’m currently on the Frances. passing through Sahagun later this morning, and find that my CPAP F20 mask cushion is splitting. Does anybody have any suggestions for where to purchase a replacement in the area. I’d hop a bus or train to seek it out.

Good luck!
This farmacia in Sahagun was really helpful years ago when I mailed them before my Camino with a specific question. When I walked in they were very responsive.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Nearest pharmacy, bring the old one with you.

Depending on where the split is located, consider placing gauze or a piece of fabric inside of the rim, tape the edges, and give that a try. If you check your scores on the ResMed app, the Leak Score should give you some indication of how successful that patching is working.
Please post your solution so as to assist others.
Thanks.
Good luck.

Glenn, I also am a CPAP user with F-20 mask; magnet hooks broke one year. Used a spare shoelace to rig the mask and readings were about 15-16 (not great, but not in critical range either). A pharmacist helped me do the rigging. He had suggested that I see the local pulmonologist on the next block from him who could get help for me by writing a Rx. When I got to his office that same day, was told that there was a 8 to 9 month wait to see him. Had similar experiences in the other countries I visited. I had a two month trip that included visiting friends/relatives so I was France, Spain, Portugal and Italy. I could get no mask w/o an Rx written by a physician in that country. I had asked in virtually every town I traveled through large enough to have a pharmacy. This year, mask cushion split by the nose. Never had that happen before! Have used an CPAP since 2017 and have traveled extensively with my machine And this was a new mask and I had packed two extra magnet tasters with me! And I also tried again to see if someone could get a mask for me— no luck. So I did what others are telling you: insisted on cloth adhesive tape— tapes with any amount of plastic just do not adhere well. So far so good, but I have another month to go on the European continent. Hate to go home because of this. I have a cousin in Rome who is a cardiologist and that’s the next stop for me. Another issue is equipment shortages although I really don’t know specifically how that is affecting supply of CPAP and bipap equipment. I even ran into an ENT doc at that large pharmacy near St Sulpice— he overheard my problem and asked some questions of the pharmacist in my behalf, but couldn’t really help! Lessons learned here— carry an extra mask when traveling; probably an extra hose also! Please post if you find any other acceptable solutions— I sure would like to know them!

Last edited:
A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
I do have a caution---don't order if from the US and have it sent. With two attempts from the US, I never got a small massage gun that didn't arrive before I left---I deal with foot issues. Spain apparently inspects all packages and they wouldn't let it through since it was a medical device. it was returned to sender both times. If you can order the mask from an EU supplier or order if from a pharmacy and have it delivered ahead of you on your walk that might work. No suggestions on the mask cushion splitting. Wonder if you could needle and thread it back together---I think gluing would be a horrible smell and toxic.

I received my mask at just before 9pm last night, and all is well with the world.
Should you have continued to have problems with your mask, I would have sent you from here. Although the EUnis one big entity, medical supplies are closely looked at in transportation from one country to another. Glad to hear that the world is now bright. Buen Camino.

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

Hey there! I wanted to chat about my experience on the 2017 Camino Frances. I'm pretty average physically, maybe a tad overweight, did some training (could've done more), and could've lightened my...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back