Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
CaminoSupply.com
Apparel and accessories for your Camino

Resources for the Mozárabe in the province of Córdoba

Year of past OR future Camino
Camino Del Estrecho, Ruta Fray Leopoldo,
Vía Serrana, Camino Francés
El Día de Córdoba recently published an article that may be of interest to people planning to walk the Camino Mozárabe.

Vídeo-presentación de Paisajes con Historia

The provincial government has signposted 41 local trails in the province and prepared folios with history, geography and maps to accompany them. All are way-marked and have informational panels along the route. Seven of these trails are in villages directly on the Camino Mozárabe.
There is additional information on each of the 41 trails including links to photos, descriptions, supporting websites, the route shown on Google Maps, and gpx tracks on the following page:

Last edited:
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

peregrina2000

Staff member
@islandwalker, you have opened very many rabbit holes for me in the past, good to see you are keeping up the good work! Have you picked a few to add on to your Mozárabe?

I watched the introductory video and see that this was a well-organized governmental effort to bring some life back to the rural area. I would think that, five years later and in a pandemic, the routes would be something many locals would seize on as a way to get out while staying home. Hoping that all those lovely explanatory panels have not been vandalized!

Raggy

Veteran Member
Nice find. Of the ones that you listed, the first (Dona Mencia) is some distance away from the Camino Mozarabe route, which goes from Alcaudete to Baena on the other side of the N432. on the Malaga branch.

The second (Cabra) is also on the Malaga branch, just before it merges with the route from Almeria.

I think the ones around Villanueva del Duque would be nice if you feel like having a more restful day after the long stage from Villaharta to Alcaracejos. You could walk the short distance from Alcaracejos to Villanueva del Duque and explore the trails around there, then stay at the albergue in Villanueva.

Last edited:
Camino Del Estrecho, Ruta Fray Leopoldo,
Vía Serrana, Camino Francés
Hoping that all those lovely explanatory panels have not been vandalized!
My sentiments exactly. They look so pristine in the video, and then I imagined myself in front of one of those panels trying to read a scratched out portion.
Nice find. Of the ones that you listed, the first (Dona Mencia) is some distance away from the Camino Mozarabe route, which goes from Alcaudete to Baena on the other side of the N432.
My map shows the Malaga branch going directly through Dona Mencia between Cabra and Baena. Am I mistaken?

Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

peregrina2000

Staff member
@islandwalker, many thanks for the information and resources. Watching the video brought back warm memories of walking on the Camino Mozarabe. Looking forward getting back to the routes.
View attachment 93626 View attachment 93627
Beautiful pictures. I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE walking through olive groves for as many kms as a camino wants to throw at me. Some of my favorites were on the Mozárabe. @kulkija, do you remember where you took the first picture?

CaminoSupply.com
Apparel and accessories for your Camino
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads