• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Rest day between Le Puy and Conques

TravellingSonn

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2008, Le Puy route (TBC)
Hi all,

I'm thinking of taking a rest day between Le Puy and Conques. Any recommendations on where I should stop and visit, other than Conques?

Thanks again
Sonia
:)

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I suggest anywhere that you need one. Even the small villages are suitable. Saint Alban sur Limagnole, Aumont-Aubrac, Nasbinasl, St. Come d'Olt, and Estaing all have things to see.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Espallion, the bigest village between Le Puy and Conque
Everything you need is there, including a fantastic Gite communal.

I said Estaing. I meant Espalion. Estaing is interesting, but Espalion is buzzy, plenty of shops, and, as Zammy says, a very choice gite communal. You get the old bridge, Calmont Castle and the Church of Perse, which is a kind of warm up for Conques. I ate a lot in Espalion...but I do that everywhere.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I have to say that I loved Estaing, especially as there was a medieval festival on when I walked passed it. My second choice would be Espalion, a bit bigger, more to offer. So many good places to choose. For more of a campground - rustic place, Golinhac would be the best choice (Swimming pool included). Buen camino.

Thanks again guys!

A few towns to consider. By the looks of things Espalion seems to strike a chord with me.

I appreciate your time for replying to my question.

Cheers,
Sonn
:)

Most read last week in this forum

Hello - I am planning to walk about the first half of the Via Podiensis next month, May 2024. I will start from Le Puy and walk for 16 days. I am flying into Paris and would like to purchase a sim...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back