Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Rest Day

John R McLean

Time of past OR future Camino
Last: 2023 Camino Primitivo, Muxia, Finisterre
Looking at options for a rest day along the Camino Primitivo and Lugo obviously looks like the most likely place but do you have suggestion for an alternative place? I will be bringing a first timer along and thought Lugo would be a good place to explore as well as enjoy a night out of food and drink but I'm open to suggestions.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I have stayed in Lugo twice to rest there. Once we were there for Corpus Christi and it was a wonderful experience to go to an outdoor mass and see the procession that followed. It's a beautiful historical UNESCO World Heritage town and it's worth a visit. I would highly recommend going there and enjoy the culture, the architecture, the cuisine and the people:)

Hi John - Lugo is an excellent choice. So much to see. And be sure to take time to walk on the 3rd century Roman wall that surrounds the city. Once during the day and once at night if you can. A stroll on the wall after dinner is magical.

I'd also recommend that, if time allows, you have a day to explore Oviedo before you start the Primitivo. It's a fabulous town too.

Enjoy the Primitivo. I've walked it twice and it's really one of my favourite Camino paths. Would do it again without hesitation.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
I have stayed in Lugo twice to rest there. Once we were there for Corpus Christi and it was a wonderful experience to go to an outdoor mass and see the procession that followed. It's a beautiful historical UNESCO World Heritage town and it's worth a visit. I would highly recommend going there and enjoy the culture, the architecture, the cuisine and the people:)
Cheers! Thank you

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! Started today from Oviedo to Escamplero. Now I know, why so many people say it's a bit of a challenge to come out of Oviedo. I got lost just once, but was rescued by a very friendly guy. A...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back