• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Restarting CP central

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Restarting my unfinished CP from Porto March 22/22. I started in Lisbon Oct 7/21 but abandoned it short of Porto due to injury and then omicron. So excited to complete a Holy Year Camino.
Do NOT if at all possible miss sleeping in Ponte de Lima. It is one of my all time favorite camino towns anywhere. The municipal albergue according to Gronze is open.
It is a great location. Under the bridge within spitting distance of the muni is just a fantastic park along the river. It was a town I knew nothing about before I arrived and just loved it. I got there early. Left my backpack on the wall of the municipal. It didn't open unitl 3 or 4. Went to the park and loved it, had some lunch there that I had made the night before, went to the albergue, back to the park and then a really fun dinner on the other side of the bridge in the big town square. Just a great day!

Do NOT if at all possible miss sleeping in Ponte de Lima. It is one of my all time favorite camino towns anywhere. The municipal albergue according to Gronze is open.
It is a great location. Under the bridge within spitting distance of the muni is just a fantastic park along the river. It was a town I knew nothing about before I arrived and just loved it. I got there early. Left my backpack on the wall of the municipal. It didn't open unitl 3 or 4. Went to the park and loved it, had some lunch there that I had made the night before, went to the albergue, back to the park and then a really fun dinner on the other side of the bridge in the big town square. Just a great day!
Thanks for the info and yes arriving after a short day to ponte Lima and staying at the muni.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Restarting my unfinished CP from Porto March 22/22. I started in Lisbon Oct 7/21 but abandoned it short of Porto due to injury and then omicron. So excited to complete a Holy Year Camino.
I’m going to be taking this route in mid April. Does anyone have a recommendation for somewhere to stay about 15km out of Porto?

I’m going to be taking this route in mid April. Does anyone have a recommendation for somewhere to stay about 15km out of Porto?
Camping Orbitur in Angeiras rents small cottages to pilgrims . Very convienient
Stayed there in 2018 . Not expensive. at the campimgground is a restaurant. In the village is a bakery where you can have breakfast.
the camping is easy to find and only a few meters from the waymarked path

Most read last week in this forum

Hi fellow pilgrims! I have walked 1450km over several years on the Camino Frances alone, without planning much. This year is going to be very different! I have convinced my mom to come with me. I...
I’m seeing a lot of discussion on FB about the route out of Vigo. People are recommending taking a new bike path that starts at the Ascensor Halo and ends at Chapela because the official route is...
So I’d been given to understand in my pre-Camino research that one could just ask for a copo de agua (glass of water) which is basically tap water on the house. Since arriving in Portugal a few...
Starting a journey for me starts with the planning. This year everything aligned so here I am about to leave Canada to begin my 2nd Camino - the Portuguese Coastal. With three weeks to get my...
I'm planning to cross over from the Coastal to Central Camino at Caminha. I would appreciate any comments relating to this route from pilgrims that have done it. Is it better to split into two...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back