• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Restaurant spluge - Matosinhos

TMcA

Time of past OR future Camino
Pamplona to Santiago (2013)
Le Puy to Pamplona in segments (2013 - 2016)
Pamplona to León
After our flight from Montreal to Porto we had booked a room at the O Valentim Hotel in Matosinhos. It was raining when we left Montreal, raining when our flight backtracked to Toronto, and raining when we arrived in Porto.

Our room was not ready when we got to the hotel, so we wearily moved to the dining room and ordered lunch. Wow, it was excellent. By chance we spoke with a French couple later in the day. The husband said, "Have you tried the dinner here? It's very good". So we did. Again, excellent.

Then after our walk we returned to Porto and a Portuguese friend who lives nearby in Foz told us she frequently brings business guests there for dinner.

Bottom line - excellent food, grilled seafood is featured, great service, and lower prices than in Porto itself. Meal for two with a nice bottle of wine is less than 80 euros. Upstairs dining room overlooks the harbor. Reserve a table with a view.

On the Camino, BTW. Rooms are good also.

Bom apetite!

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everyone, I went on a short coastal Camino Portugues in March with my 11 year old son and wanted to share some of my experiences here. We walked a very small part of the Camino. We started...
Hi fellow pilgrims! I have walked 1450km over several years on the Camino Frances alone, without planning much. This year is going to be very different! I have convinced my mom to come with me. I...
Hi, arrived in Porto today starting the coastal camino on Friday! I just found out the hostel I am staying at does not allow pack pick up. Im walking to vila cha 1st day and physically I cannot...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back