• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Restaurant Suggestions for Barcelona Please

WayWalker63

My flight from the U.S. via Dublin doesn't arrive until almost 10 pm (2200). By the time I get to my hotel I will have been traveling for over 24 hours and won't be good for much. I need suggestions for a restaurant or cafe near my hotel where I can get a light bite to eat before going to bed. I will be staying at the BCN Fashion House Guesthouse, 13 Carrer del Bruc. Nothing fancy since all I will have with me are my pilgrim clothes and my tired self. Thanks.
I'm spending the next day and night in Barcelona so any suggestions beyond the normal tourist destinations would be good.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
My flight from the U.S. via Dublin doesn't arrive until almost 10 pm (2200). By the time I get to my hotel I will have been traveling for over 24 hours and won't be good for much. I need suggestions for a restaurant or cafe near my hotel where I can get a light bite to eat before going to bed. I will be staying at the BCN Fashion House Guesthouse, 13 Carrer del Bruc. Nothing fancy since all I will have with me are my pilgrim clothes and my tired self. Thanks.
I'm spending the next day and night in Barcelona so any suggestions beyond the normal tourist destinations would be good.

There is a MacDonalds Restaurant at Passeig de Gracia and Carrer d'Arago, about 9 blocks from your bed and breakfast place.

Thank you for that suggestion but I don't eat fast food especially MacDonalds.
I think a bowl of soup or a sandwich would be what I'm looking for. Or even a cup of tea and a pastry. I have a very long layover in Dublin so I will try and get my main meal of the day in there.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Why not contact the folks where you'll be staying to see if they have any recommendations. Also, after a long day of travel, you might find that a granola bar and a packaged fruit drink, carried in your pack, might suffice for a pre-bed snack.

And don't knock Macdonalds. :D Once, just outside Barcelona, on a fiesta day when most every place was closed, and the only other meal in the offing was 30 Euro, I was very happy to 'dine' there.

One more suggestion, if I may .... Ask the folks at your accommodation for the best way to get to them. Had I done this before I arrived in Barcelona post Camino Francés, and not relied on my own devices and the not-too-correct directions I got from airport información, I would have saved myself an awful lot of walking - practically another Camino etapa. Buen Camino.

Hi WayWalker63 -

I can recommend Taktika Berri at Valencia 169, which is about a 15 minute walk from Antony Gaudi's wonderfully wild and colourful Casa Batllo, which is a must-see in Barcelona. I had the most delicious lunch of tapas there in 2012 - the best tapas ever. The platters of tapas are set out on the bar and they just keep on being refilled as the platters empty. Everything is very, very fresh and the range is enormous - you're completely spoilt for choice. They even do some dessert tapas which are out of this world! It's really, really busy - full of locals - and it's got a great atmosphere. I'd recommend it for lunch the next day rather than dinner the first night and I would be there about 15 minutes before it opens so you can be sure to get a seat at the bar. Don't worry about being in your pilgrim gear - it's really casual. TripAdvisor reviews are mixed so check out the website before you decide to visit. Also get the opinion of the staff at your hotel - they're sure to know it. My own experience there was a standout in my 8 days in Barcelona.

Enjoy beautiful Barcelona and Buen Camino!

Cheers - Jenny

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
There is a MacDonalds Restaurant at Passeig de Gracia and Carrer d'Arago, about 9 blocks from your bed and breakfast place.
MACDONALDS??? You must be joking:eek::mad:

Los Caracoles, in the Barrio Gotico. We got engaged there back in ........wait for it....1963! ( have been back since and it really has atmosphere)!

We ask our hosts for recommendations, or if there is time I use my "Five Star Michelin Guide" - approach a group of older ladies sitting in the plaza and ask them! It has never failed me yet.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
At after 11 at night I'm not sure if anything is going to be open. Seems the couple restaurants near my hotel that I've looked at online close at midnight. I might just have to pack something like cup of soup and some tea bags and hope I can find a way to heat up water. Or pickup something in one of the airports to eat later.
Thanks everybody for trying to help. It was the late time and the knowing I'd be hitting the jet lag wall by that time that was making me a bit fearful.

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back