• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Resting in Burgos

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I have stayed her twice ... just down from the cathedral.

I have also bookmarked NH for next time. Just across the river outside the city gate.

Perfect location. I liked it.

Can anyone recommend a physio to see in Burgos?

And, a relaxing place to stay in the city for a rest day?
If you can get in the Norte y Londres; it’s very good. Don’t bother with breakfast; it’s not worth it.

However; turn right out of the front door; and turn right again and you’re on Calle San Lorenzo. By the time you’ve visited everywhere on there you’ll not need a physio, just a very long lie down.

IMG_2521.jpeg
Saw this recommended a while ago, i saved it because I’ll be starting in Najera and I’ll be in Burgos within the first week so figured it could be useful if any problems arise.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
For a quiet and reasonably comfortable stay, I recommend either the Abba or the AC hotel. I've stayed in both and they are both basic but certainly adequate as well as being very reasonably priced. The last time I stayed in the Abba, it was still peaceful but it is showing some wear now. I more recently tried the AC and I found this to be a decent enough halt for a few days, with quiet rooms yet still central. I think either of these two are fine for a bit of peace and rest.

I have stayed her twice ... just down from the cathedral.

I have also bookmarked NH for next time. Just across the river outside the city gate.

Do the NH when you have a chance.........best bathtub on the Camino, if not exactly budget friendly.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Regarding places to stay - I don't have a specific recommendation - but what I look for in any rest day is a private room, with a private bathroom with a bathtub if possible, and as close to the city center as possible - usually near the Cathedral.

Otherwise - I am not picky. I avoid albergues for rest days so I can nap and soak in a tub as needed without interruption. I also don't want to have to worry about whether or not they want you to leave mid-day while they clean. If you are close to the city center/Cathedral - you will likely still find pilgrims when you go out to explore town in case you want someone to hang out with.

I went to Iván Bragado Fisioterapia in Burgos. He did a good job on some overstressed shin muscles. It's on the other side of the river, not far from the bus station.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I often find for rest days an apartment works well. Plenty of room, privacy to relax and usually a good choice of restaurants. I've booked a one bedroom in Burgos when we're there in September. Two nights for CAD$232 and only 200 metres from the centre of town Burgos Apartment

View attachment 147160
Saw this recommended a while ago, i saved it because I’ll be starting in Najera and I’ll be in Burgos within the first week so figured it could be useful if any problems arise.
Thank you so much! I am walking with a broken toe and now that same foot has pain and a tiny “lump” in front of the ankle bone

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I haven’t been there myself but this is what it says on their websiteIMG_2542.jpeg

Thank you. I begrudgingly left the Way this morning after staying in Tosantos and shared a taxi with others to Burgos. I have an appt. tomorrow late afternoon at this location.

I found a place to stay that is only about a 10 min walk from the physio clinic. I am praying that I will be able to get on the Camino on Sunday. This walk has been my heart’s desire for some 10 years.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
View attachment 147160
Used this recommendation and saw Carlos yesterday at his Hands on Physiotherapy at Calle Vitoria 37-39 (closer to 39 next the pharmacy.) He is extraordinarily excellent diagnostician and interventionist. He may or may not cure your problem but you will leave confident you know what can be done. His brother Gothallo is the receptionist. Google to find phone.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.