A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Results of investigation of Sept. highway deaths?

2020 Camino Guides

savar2b

Camino(s) past & future
September (2013)
Just wondering if there was a determination concerning the deaths of the two German peregrinos killed in September. I.E. Where were they specifically when they were hit? Were they on or off the road?
Is anything being done to make that section more safe?

Olivares

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
May 1997 (Leon to Santiago); Sections Camino Frances: May 2011, May 2012, May 2013, October 2013, June-July 2014 (Sahagun to Santiago).
At http://www.gronze.com/camino-de-santiago/blog/ there is a caption (in Spanish) with a picture of the exact spot where the accident took place. The explanation describes the accident. It notes that the pilgrims were standing at the road shoulder reading the board placed on the Camino when they were hit. It also notes that the pilgrims were not on the road and allowed to stand where they were. By the description it appears the truck may had veered towards the left shoulder and did not realized pilgrims were standing with their back to the road. So devastating.

K

karenfromcali

Just so terribly sad. I find myself thinking about their families sometimes.:(

bulwurth

Texas Peregrino tryin' to find My Way
Camino(s) past & future
We actually thought it was closer to Santiago. All of us were cognizant of the dangers presented by highway traffic but seemed to get a bit too comfortable towards the end. This incident put everything back in perspective. I pray those families find some level of peace knowing their relatives were seeking just that.

God bless.

Camino(s) past & future
CF 2006,08,09,11,12(2),13(2),14,16(2),18(2) Aragones 11,12,VDLP 11,13,Lourdes 12,Malaga 16,Port 06
This stretch near O Pino is dangerous. I've seen a few close calls there myself. It's a little confusing. People don't know which way to go and there are so many signs. I can see how this may have happened. Sad :(

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 8 0.7%
  • March

Votes: 46 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 173 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 279 24.4%