• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Returning home.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
my mum is from killaloe in co clare,{serious tension during matchs as some of the family live in ballina co tipp }
cant keep a good clare man down ,;) btw my poor dad is a limerick man but mum still shouts for clare every time ! dad also had to have a stent 8 or more years ago and has done bits of the camino in one and two week stages,i have no doubt you will have itchy feet be on the road again soon [maybe at an easier pace]very best wishes and your family are blessed that you were smart enough to know when enough is enough.

my mum is from killaloe in co clare,{serious tension during matchs as some of the family live in ballina co tipp }
cant keep a good clare man down ,;) btw my poor dad is a limerick man but mum still shouts for clare every time ! dad also had to have a stent 8 or more years ago and has done bits of the camino in one and two week stages,i have no doubt you will have itchy feet be on the road again soon [maybe at an easier pace]very best wishes and your family are blessed that you were smart enough to know when enough is enough.
Hi Jennie
I'll be back in Ballina/Killaloe next week for a month prior to heading off on 10th Sep to Biarritz and the Camino del Norte ... Any chance we could meet up? (Don't know how to send a private message.) Mary

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Jennie
I'll be back in Ballina/Killaloe next week for a month prior to heading off on 10th Sep to Biarritz and the Camino del Norte ... Any chance we could meet up? (Don't know how to send a private message.) Mary
Hi Mary Kate, at the top right hand of the forum page you will see "Inbox" click on that, then click on "start a new conversation" add "jennie" where it says - Participants: Add a conversation title, write your message and then click "start a conversation" I hope this helps.
Pat.

Hi Mary Kate, at the top right hand of the forum page you will see "Inbox" click on that, then click on "start a new conversation" add "jennie" where it says - Participants: Add a conversation title, write your message and then click "start a conversation" I hope this helps.
Pat.
Hi Pat, I've done as you said. I hadn't realised you were from Clare. When are you off again? Is there a local / regional camino group?
Mary

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
It is with great sadness and dissapointment that I had to leave the Camino this morning after only walking only four or five kms. After the first km I started to get tightness in my chest but hoped it was indigestion after breakfast, sadly it got worse as I kept going so I turned back and got the bus and taxi back to Biarritz where I am resting in a hotel until tomorrows flight home. A friend took the stones to place at the Cruz de Ferro for me. These are the joys of heart disease but hopefuly I will get a chance to return after I get this sorted. I met another member, gidivet, on my way down and we had a chat. I was looking forward to meeting more of you but such is life, another time.

My prayers are with you. Take care & take it easy. Hoping to meet you one of these days on the Camino .

Well, well Wayfarer thank you for the link, I like you ended in hospital on my first walk in 2013 but after spending 8 days in Santiago I realised that it was part of my Camino, unlike you I kept walking till my body said stop about 108k's from Santiago I had cronic renal failure but in capitals BUT I was not scared as I was in the hands of the Spanish people who I have grown to love. After an operation in Australia I went back Sept 14 and walked it to give thanks and catchup with those that helped. I also realised how sick I was but you will bounce back the Camino is in your heart and the love that it gives us is all powerful get well enjoy Jane (my wife is named Jane) and you will travel the Camino again as I will in 2016. To all those that take ill on his road God bless.

Wayfarer, I hadn't checked this thread in a while but I couldn't resist jumping in here.

You sent a nice note last year when I had to abandon my Camino.....which I did go back and complete a couple of months later. Your note, as well as other thoughtful peregrines, meant a great deal to me.

I can only hope you are coming back strong. It means a great deal to those that aspire.....to hear from someone like yourself.

Btw, people like you are the reason that I will do another in June.....and, all being equal, come back again and again!

Perhaps I will meet you out there someday !

All the best,

Brendan

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thank you Trevor and Brendan for your kind words. I am back walking again locally and God willing hope to do a short Camino in late Summer/Autumn. In the meantime I hope to explore southern Portugal this May/June in the camper then follow the coastal route to Santiago where I hope to meet some people from the forum if I am lucky. I missed Ivar and Johnny in 2013, so maybe this year, also Nate and Faith and a few more on the way home.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Thank you Trevor and Brendan for your kind words. I am back walking again locally and God willing hope to do a short Camino in late Summer/Autumn. In the meantime I hope to explore southern Portugal this May/June in the camper then follow the coastal route to Santiago where I hope to meet some people from the forum if I am lucky. I missed Ivar and Johnny in 2013, so maybe this year, also Nate and Faith and a few more on the way home.
Take it easy smile and enjoy everyday as tomorrow is to far away to worry about, That is one golden rule I learnt on the Camino. Sitting back I realise that we over think worry about whats comming or whats past (which we cannot change) and forget about today. God Bless

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back