• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Returning home.

wayfarer

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2012, 2013, 2014.
It is with great sadness and dissapointment that I had to leave the Camino this morning after only walking only four or five kms. After the first km I started to get tightness in my chest but hoped it was indigestion after breakfast, sadly it got worse as I kept going so I turned back and got the bus and taxi back to Biarritz where I am resting in a hotel until tomorrows flight home. A friend took the stones to place at the Cruz de Ferro for me. These are the joys of heart disease but hopefuly I will get a chance to return after I get this sorted. I met another member, gidivet, on my way down and we had a chat. I was looking forward to meeting more of you but such is life, another time.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
It is with great sadness and dissapointment that I had to leave the Camino this morning after only walking only four or five kms. After the first km I started to get tightness in my chest but hoped it was indigestion after breakfast, sadly it got worse as I kept going so I turned back and got the bus and taxi back to Biarritz where I am resting in a hotel until tomorrows flight home. A friend took the stones to place at the Cruz de Ferro for me. These are the joys of heart disease but hopefuly I will get a chance to return after I get this sorted. I met another member, gidivet, on my way down and we had a chat. I was looking forward to meeting more of you but such is life, another time.
Hey Wayfarer,
May the Road rise up to meet you on you when next you make the Camino.
I'll take a stone for you (from here in California) and place it at the Cruz de Ferro this May.
YBiC
Philip

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Wayfarer:
You will be added to many prayer lists for your safe return home and to better health so that you can return to the Camino in the future.

St. James, pray for us.
Rambler

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Wayfarer,
What can one say?

Except, rest, take strength from our prayers, best wishes and thoughts of you.

If you care to, PM me and I'll give you an address to send a stone to which I will carry for you with a happy heart to the Cruz De Ferro.

Kind regards
John

What I know is that pain is a message and this one sounds like a deep and serious conversation. Our will and ego is strong and sometimes we don't listen to what is being shouted at us. Sadly some don't listen until it is too late. I'm so glad you stopped.

There are many wonderful experiences to be had in this world. May you be blessed with joy and your Camino family hold you in its arms.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Wayfarer,
You were very sensible and courageous to stop before perhaps having a complete emergency. Home you go for whatever is needed in rest/treatment. The Camino awaits for you at a better time. My 78-yr-old brother-in-law was the oldest pilgrim getting his compostela Wednesday two weeks ago, having had prostate surgery and a quintuple bypass in the last few years. Take care, and God bless you.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

I am so sorry to hear this. As a fellow irish person I have been watching your posts with interest. We are going on our first Camino at the end of May and we are so excited. I can only imagine the sense of disappointment you must be feeling.
Be well and be strong.

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I imagine many people have a fear of having to end their camino prematurely. I am sorry it has happened to you on this occasion, but I like to think I will make the sensible and courageous decision you have made should I ever find myself in a similiar situation.

Go mbíodh biseach ort gan mhoill (get well soon)!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

So sorry to hear that.Go dtaga bisecah ort go luath !!

Tog go bog e for now and rest up.The Camino will still be waiting for you.

Regards,
Peadar

I hope you will be well enough to walk inthe future, but if not there are ways to experience the camino without walking. Not the same, but better than nothing! See the McCabe Travel website for details of pilgrimages to Santiago which involve o ly short optional walks. I have done it both ways. They are different, but Dantiago is there for everyone!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Santiago! Sorry about the typo!

Thank you all for your kind wishes, it means a lot to me. There are such great people on this forum. It amased me that I had no problems walking right up to flight time. An update: Things took a turn for the worse after I posted yesterday and I had to be ambulanced to a Cardiac clinic in Bayonne where I had a stint fitted today. Jane is here with me now and I hope to be released tomorrow but cannot fly for a few days. Margaret thank you for your pm, I cannot seem to be able to reply. I will post again later. Thank you all again.

Thank you all for your kind wishes, it means a lot to me. There are such great people on this forum. It amased me that I had no problems walking right up to flight time. An update: Things took a turn for the worse after I posted yesterday and I had to be ambulanced to a Cardiac clinic in Bayonne where I had a stint fitted today. Jane is here with me now and I hope to be released tomorrow but cannot fly for a few days. Margaret thank you for your pm, I cannot seem to be able to reply. I will post again later. Thank you all again.

wayfarer what a shock for you just take things carefully on your return, my prayers are with you. When you return home PM me for a chat if you want to, there is Camino after heart surgery ( I have Credentials to prove it) but you need to take it very steady for a while until you recover and are thoroughly checked out. God bless you and Jane at this worrying time.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Wayfarer,

It is good to learn that you are more comfortable now and that Jane is with you.

Thank you for letting all of us, your digital friends, know your present condition.

Do continue to take care.

Margaret

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

My father had a stent fitted many years ago and still thrives today at 77,change of diet(probably) n exercise n you'll be fine.
One day we will meet on the Camino n i will buy you a beer,don't let me down :))

Sorry to hear what happened to you. Hope you get the chance to walk some other time. God bless!

May the peace of the Lord Christ go with you : wherever he may send you;
may he guide you through the wilderness : protect you through the storm;
may he bring you home rejoicing : at the wonders he has shown you;
may he bring you home rejoicing : once again into our doors.

I pray this every morning - and personalize it for you today - not that you come to my door, but that you get to yours and also back to the camino.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Mu
It is with great sadness and dissapointment that I had to leave the Camino this morning after only walking only four or five kms. After the first km I started to get tightness in my chest but hoped it was indigestion after breakfast, sadly it got worse as I kept going so I turned back and got the bus and taxi back to Biarritz where I am resting in a hotel until tomorrows flight home. A friend took the stones to place at the Cruz de Ferro for me. These are the joys of heart disease but hopefuly I will get a chance to return after I get this sorted. I met another member, gidivet, on my way down and we had a chat. I was looking forward to meeting more of you but such is life, another time.[/quote

Sending much love your way!!!!
I will be in cathedral monday and you will be present in my mind and prayers will be said for a quick recovery

A selection of Camino Jewellery
What a shame, but thank goodness you stopped immediately when you did. You obviously know your body and realized that things just weren't right. May you recover quickly and, who knows, get back on the Camino one day.
Anne
PS. If you feel that you can't/shouldn't walk for some time, you could always volunteer as an Amigo in the Pilgrim's Office. It's a great experience!

€60,-
Wayfarer,

You must be experiencing a myriad of emotions. I think one of them should be, Wow, was I ever smart to turn back! I congratulate you on your great wisdom. Your Jane must be feeling much gratitude. God bless you and get well!

Oh Wayfarer! I'm so sorry to hear your news. You must be so relieved to have had the stent fitted so soon and that you're now on the road to recovery.
Best wishes to you and Jane for a safe trip home - remember, each day that goes by brings you closer to your next Camino.
'Thinking of you both and sending you every best wish for a speedy recovery -
Jenny x x

Thanks one and all for your thoughts and prayers. This is my fourth stent in total as well as a triple bypass in '95. Heart disease is in my family and visits every now and then despite how I live, eat and exercise. I will have to start slowly again and build up fitness. Anna, I would love to work as an Amigo for a while some time and have spoken to Madidi about his work there, I was to meet him there again in May. I will check this with JW at some stage when I am recovered.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
What a blessing that you were knowledgable enough about your own body to stop, that you were near a hospital for treatment , and that Jane is by your side. When God closes a door He opens a window, so there must be some new thing He has in mind for you. I would consider it an honor to pray for your healing and discernment in the healing process. Speedy recovery Wayfarer!

Hi Wayfarer!
Just see how your "camino family" is behind you, encouraging you, praising you for your good sense and - yes -loving you!
Your family will stll be there, when you've recovered sufficiently to start the camino again .... and that will happen.
Once the camino starts calling, it very rarely stops :)
Blessings from Suffolk!

Talk about letting go! good for you for taking care of yourself. Another time is the right time

Hi Wayfarer!
Just see how your "camino family" is behind you, encouraging you, praising you for your good sense and - yes -loving you!
Your family will stll be there, when you've recovered sufficiently to start the camino again .... and that will happen.
Once the camino starts calling, it very rarely stops :)
Blessings from Suffolk!
I agree completely Stephen, the responce to this post has blown me away, such a great family on this forum. I returned to La Petit Hotel in Biarritz with Jane to rest up before flying home probably on monday. The reason I returned here is because the manager was so helpful and kind to me when I got worse and he gave us a great welcome when we got in today.

Is there a "lessons learned" for you; something you will do differently next time? I don't think physical limitations should stop people from walking a camino, but they certainly need to accommodate their issues. Any insights or advice?

Just what most people said falcon, listen to your body. My confidance is a little shaken now as it has been before but I will build up fitness again and then decide. My wife advises that as I have already walked this Camino maybe I should look at some others like the Portuges coastal etc but I hate to walk away from the horse that threw me. Only time will tell. I don't believe I made any wrong decisions this time, I had a good level of fitness and was walking twelve kms about three times a week in just under two hours, a pace I had no intention of following on the Camino. I put it down to life and what it brings you. I have gotten over my initial dissapointment, I am happy to be alive and will return home, enjoy my family and what the rest of the year brings. Things could have been so different.

€60,-
And we rejoice too. Recuperate, enjoy some love from the family (I'd be sucking the marrow - demanding breakfast in bed, a foot rub, cups of tea) and stay on the forum to give us your wisdom. Time to be passive for a short space.

Just what most people said falcon, listen to your body. My confidance is a little shaken now as it has been before but I will build up fitness again and then decide. My wife advises that as I have already walked this Camino maybe I should look at some others like the Portuges coastal etc but I hate to walk away from the horse that threw me. Only time will tell. I don't believe I made any wrong decisions this time, I had a good level of fitness and was walking twelve kms about three times a week in just under two hours, a pace I had no intention of following on the Camino. I put it down to life and what it brings you. I have gotten over my initial dissapointment, I am happy to be alive and will return home, enjoy my family and what the rest of the year brings. Things could have been so different.
Wayfarer,
I've been following these posts with great interest. It's sometimes very easy to put "two and two" together and get "four" - Camino + previous heart troubles = heart attack. That may be true in some cases and perhaps in yours. I had what I called a "life attack" 45 years ago. Back then you had to recuperate for 10 days in the hospital. That's when I read Michener's "Iberia" and discovered the Camino. I promised myself to walk it one day, in the interim had no heart issues at all and finally did last fall without incident, even without blisters! Four weeks ago while traveling in the boonies of western New York State I had what could have been a massive heart attack but for a great rescue squad, an attentive small hospital, and a helicopter ride which put me in Strong Memorial Hospital in Rochester, NY. Three days later I walked out with a stent in the LAD and am already back to almost normal activity. The doctor's told me that there was no connection between my walking the Camino and then having a heart attack. They added that if anything, walking the Camino was the reason I had little or minimal damage.
I'm sure in one way or another you'll be back on the Camino even if it's to support others. God be with you.

Last edited:

So sorry to hear that wayfarer. Take care of yourself. The camino will be ready for you when you are well.

And we rejoice too. Recuperate, enjoy some love from the family (I'd be sucking the marrow - demanding breakfast in bed, a foot rub, cups of tea) and stay on the forum to give us your wisdom. Time to be passive for a short space.
The breakfast in bed and the cups of tea might work for a few days, the foot rubs....:eek:.. no chance. :)

Wayfarer,

Your decision to stop was perfectly consistent with your choice of member photo -- a stop sign! Clearly, you are a man who walks the talk.

I have enjoyed reading your posts for months now, and will be happy to read your posts in the future -- whether posted from you home or some future camino or other destination. It would have been sad, very sad indeed, if you had pressed on -- past the stop sign of distress -- and walked a last, short camino. How much better to read your posts here, knowing you are safe and recovering, than to see a memorial to you along the Way. Too many of those ... already.

€60,-
I returned to La Petit Hotel in Biarritz with Jane to rest up before flying home probably on monday.
You are still helping us out even if you are not aware of it!
I'd just about given up looking for a reasonably priced place to stay in Biarritz when I noticed your accommodation. Checked the website. That looks good mate, and reasonably priced even in high season.
I'm leaving St Jean around September 11th if you'd like a mate around then.
Thanks again
Regds
Gerard

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The hotel is small and basic but clean, it is more like a hostal. It is about 100 mts from the main beach and there are two restaurants about twenty mts from the front door, but what made it for me was the manager, he is so friendly and helpful and was really good when I started to get really ill. That is better than any luxury in my book.

Philip
When do you walk? Also from California.
Hey Louiset,
Leaving California (LAX) on May 08. Arriving SJPDP on May 10 & leaving SJPDP on May 12th.
God Willing, Arriving in Santiago de Compostela + 30 days thereafter.

Hello Wayfarer,
Sorry to read about your sad news.
I hope that you are now on 'The Way' back to a speedy recovery.
My best regards and good wishes to you.
Incidentally, I could not help but notice that you walked the Camino Francis the same time as myself -exactly the same route. April/May 2012.
Perhaps our paths crossed? Maybe you were that pilgrim in front or sat at the next table having a cafe con leche. Maybe we did meet.
I'd like to think that we did.
Just like the old Camino advice: take it one day at a time – easy does it.
Charlie

Keep well, Wayfarer. I see you've done different versions of the camino before, so I'm sure you'll get another chance. I hope you feel better soon.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Wayfarer, I admire your courage, your perseverance and, most of all, your common sense.
I wish you, along with all the others on this site, a speedy recovery and a short convalescence

"Ships may not stay in harbour, there's another voyage ahead,
Friends may not always linger, there are goodbyes to be said;
But make the parting gay, speed your friend upon his way,
With long may your big jib draw!

Sometimes your vessel is becalmed for days and weeks on end,
Sometimes the winds of life will blow you off your course, my friend,
But the wind is sure to veer, you must stay on board and steer,
And long, long, long may your big jib draw!"

I guess you could have had the same issue sitting on your couch at home. Once your doctor gives you the ok you should be fine. Were you carrying much weight on your back?
About 10kls including water and food for lunch. You are right it could have happened anywhere. There is no point in wrapping yourself in cotton wool, life must be lived.

Our prayers too Wayfarer, for a swift recovery and for future Camino plans. May God bless you and Jane and give you His peace at this time and a safe journey home.

Wayfarer .
So sorry about how things went for you !
And on the other hand happy because you could handle the situation, now do the best for yourself and focus on getting well as soon as possible, my thoughts are with you and we already miss you in this forum ,I mean as a healthy person and full of energy.

Get well ! That's the most important task for you right now, that's your Camino now.

Hope you be back recovered as soon as possible!

I was so happy to meet you, and then so shocked when you told me about your reason for turning round. I pray that you will have an excellent response to treatment and will make a full recovery.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Wayfarer, you have supported so many of us with your responses to posts, it is no surprise to see the outpouring of care from this forum. Thank you for telling us what happened so that we can care for you. I'm walking to the Poor Clare Monastery this morning and will lift you up in prayer, that you will heal and trust in God's timing for you. You are important to us and I'm very glad that you listened to your body and stopped for now. Peace

My husband Tim and I met you. We were just leaving SJPP and you were coming back down. You explained your situation to us. Don't know if you remember us, but we have not forgotten you. You are in our thoughts as we walk. Hope you are feeling better.
I do indeed and thank you for kind thoughts and wishes. The kindness and sense of family on this forum has kept me going these past few days.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Have arrived home safe and sound and will now start the recovery process. It felt very odd today leaving Biarritz with Jane carrying everything, she was like a sherpa with all the luggage but she would not let me lift anything. An angel.

Attachments

• 20140428_134549.jpg
    20140428_134549.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 105
Have arrived home safe and sound and will now start the recovery process. It felt very odd today leaving Biarritz with Jane carrying everything, she was like a sherpa with all the luggage but she would not let me lift anything. An angel.
Hi Wayfarer and Jane -
'So good to hear that you're back home and safe.
I loved the photo of Jane with your pack - a true Camino Angel and Trooper. And Wow, your Forum name is featured on your pack! What a fantastic idea this is! You may have started a trend here, Wayfarer!
Cheers and best wishes -
Jenny

Thank you all for your kind wishes, it means a lot to me. There are such great people on this forum. It amased me that I had no problems walking right up to flight time. An update: Things took a turn for the worse after I posted yesterday and I had to be ambulanced to a Cardiac clinic in Bayonne where I had a stint fitted today. Jane is here with me now and I hope to be released tomorrow but cannot fly for a few days. .

I think the French are pretty good at that. I had a friend (in his 70's) who was having his pre-race physical for the Paris Marathon. They didn't let him race, instead sent him straight to the hospital for a stint. He recovered nicely and has since walked several French chemins. Take care my friend! See you on the trails soon!

So happy that your both home safely loved the pic of Sherpa Jane carrying your bag and also loved how you personalised it, it looked great!! Now you take care wayfarer and you will soon be back to fitness. Just don't rush it and please do think of ways to avoid putting too much pressure on that ticker!;)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I am so sorry that you have had to return Wayfarer and do hope and pray that, with rest, good treatment etc, that you will be 'on top of things again' and journeying on. Sadly, I too have had to cut my Camino short and I returned home here last night. I exacerbated an older injury to my right Achilles tendon and also pulled a muscle in my right thigh......I DID make it up and across the mountains though and walked on to Pamploma......I will go back again next year when my leg is properly healed.

I am so sorry to hear that Susan, get yourself well and maybe we will meet on the Way. The Achilles tendon is very painful, you did well to get that far, favouring that injury probably caused the muscle injury as well. As someone said earlier why not start in Ronchevalles or Pamplona next time, its not any less of a Camino and you miss that "in at the deep end" first day.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I am so sorry that you have had to return Wayfarer and do hope and pray that, with rest, good treatment etc, that you will be 'on top of things again' and journeying on. Sadly, I too have had to cut my Camino short and I returned home here last night. I exacerbated an older injury to my right Achilles tendon and also pulled a muscle in my right thigh......I DID make it up and across the mountains though and walked on to Pamploma......I will go back again next year when my leg is properly healed.
Sue I have been looking out for you and heard today that you were unable to continue. My thoughts are with you.

€60,-
So sorry for you Susanawee you must be very disappointed but as Lise said better to stop than ruining any opportunity of ever being able to go back .wayfarer has made a very good point starting at Ronchevalles or Pamplona next time, and easing your km/days is still an excellent option. My best wishes for a swift recovery.

Glad you're home safe and on the mend. My thoughts and prayers are with you. You are a blest man in many ways...don't give up the dream to trek again. BTW I found many locals in Biarritz to be friendly too, like your experience with that hotel manager. A bit like us Irish :)

Sue I have been looking out for you and heard today that you were unable to continue. My thoughts are with you.
I am home again....have enjoyed a couple of good nights sleep. Resting my sore leg and will continue to have some physio during this coming week. I WILL be back to walking again as soon as possible and planning a walk here in Western Australia in early September.

So sorry for you Susanawee you must be very disappointed but as Lise said better to stop than ruining any opportunity of ever being able to go back .wayfarer has made a very good point starting at Ronchevalles or Pamplona next time, and easing your km/days is still an excellent option. My best wishes for a swift recovery.
Thankyou Pilgrim B.....I walked from Pamploma to Santiago last year, so will now think about doing the Camino Portuguese next time, plus, a smaller walk here in Western Australia around September. Camino Hugs.

I am thinking about the same walk Susan but probably the coastal version. I have seen most of it from the campervan last year and it is beautiful, would be great to do in good weather and the people we met along the way were so friendly and helpful. Get well soon.
Pat
smiles and thankyou...

Thank you for your post...a difficult but wise decision ! Buen Camino, whenever ?
You give me courage to admit that I must quit in Logrono. My back has been steadily deteriorating since Roncevalles and I have been trying to walk through it. Alas, to no avail....it continues to worsen and, unlike in my younger days, I know that I can only do damage by continuing. So, here it ends !! Nowhere near as serious as wayfarer but a major disappointment, nonetheless.
I did meet some wonderful people in my abbreviated Camino and I wish them Buen Camino !
Charleston Bill and Jane, Bill from Canada, a lovely father and daughter team from Germany, Ernst and Mika and many more smiling faces without names. A VERY few loud and inconsiderate types.....but as someone once told me "If you haven't met any A..holes on the Camino, you haven't walked far enough". No real harm, no foul!
Good luck to all.....maybe it is in the cards for me to walk it in pieces! We shall see.

Sent from my iPad using Camino de Santiago Forum
Walkdontrun

Very sorry to hear your news Brendan, it is a tough decision but the alternative is unthinkable. I wish you a speedy recovery and a safe journey home.
Remember life is a Camino so enjoy every step, this years Camino for you and me and indeed all the others who had to stop early will be different to the one we planned but will be a great one none the less.

Thank you for your post...a difficult but wise decision ! Buen Camino, whenever ?
You give me courage to admit that I must quit in Logrono. My back has been steadily deteriorating since Roncevalles and I have been trying to walk through it. Alas, to no avail....it continues to worsen and, unlike in my younger days, I know that I can only do damage by continuing. So, here it ends !! Nowhere near as serious as wayfarer but a major disappointment, nonetheless.
I did meet some wonderful people in my abbreviated Camino and I wish them Buen Camino !
Charleston Bill and Jane, Bill from Canada, a lovely father and daughter team from Germany, Ernst and Mika and many more smiling faces without names. A VERY few loud and inconsiderate types.....but as someone once told me "If you haven't met any A..holes on the Camino, you haven't walked far enough". No real harm, no foul!
Good luck to all.....maybe it is in the cards for me to walk it in pieces! We shall see.

Sent from my iPad using Camino de Santiago Forum
Walkdontrun
Sad for you to have to come to this decision Brendan, but, like myself, we both know that it would be worse to carry on and let the damage get worse. Walking on through the pain is not at all fun and I do empathise with you. Like you also, I wish all my other Camino friends and fellow walkers God Speed and a Buen Camino. As I wrote in an earlier post, whilst I am disappointed, I am not dispirited....there is always another time. A Camino Hug for you Brendan.

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I'd like some recommendations about where to find the most current and up to date information about albergues that are actually open. I'm currently walking the camino Frances, and I can't even...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
Today is March 21, 1024 If you’re starting El Francés around this time, be warned that quite a few stretches between Rabanal del Camino and Molinaseca are in pretty bad shape. Lots of mud, and...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back