• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Returning to Madrid

Time of past OR future Camino
St. Jean pied de port
Any suggestion on getting back to Madrid after finishing the Camino. Also any suggestion where to stay in Madrid both coming and going. Close to airport?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Any suggestion on getting back to Madrid after finishing the Camino. Also any suggestion where to stay in Madrid both coming and going. Close to airport?
I caught the train direct to Madrid from Santago,and stayed at the Hotel beside the station.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Two daily flights on Ryan Air, one early in the am, ine late in the evening. Also other more expensive flights.

Overnight bus to the airport I have also done.

Hostal Riesco Puerto del sol. Nice little place side balcony able to see Plaza. Trains or buses to Madrid are clean and safe.

Depends on how much you want to pay. Not the most adventurous choice but I stayed at the Ibis Madrid Aeropuerto Barajas Hotel which is located between the airport terminals. Comfortable room, reasonable price, delicious Spanish breakfast buffet:), but more importantly they run a free shuttle bus to and from the airport every 30 minutes. They are within 10 minutes walk of the metro station if you don't want to wait for the shuttle or if you have time to see some of the sights in Madrid. And there is a supermercado right next door.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Renfe Train from Santiago to Madrid or Fly Santiago to Madrid.

Madrid Metro connects all of Madrid to the Airport with one hour time. That makes the world your oyster when choosing accommodation. There are lots of hotels at all price ranges in Sol area of Madrid ... most within a block or two of the Metro.

It is suggested to stay in Madrid the night before travel. That way you don't end up stranded by a late flight or train from Santiago.

Thankyou for your replies, very helpful.

Buen Camno.
Flying -- RyanAir or Iberia -- can be as cheap as the train, and much faster. Right by the Madrid airport, in Barajas, we stayed at Hotel Don Luis, a somewhat faded but comfortable 3-star hotel which was 43 euros for a double in 2015. Terminals 1,2, and 3 are a 15 minute walk (ask at the desk for specific directions for the pedestrian bridge). Terminal 4 is one metro stop. Or, if you have lots of gear, you can take a frequent local bus or taxi (5 minute ride). Beats the hassle of getting to the airport from central Madrid. The main Barajas center is only 100 yards away, with plenty of places to eat. There are also other hotels in Barajas.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.