• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Reverse Route from Muxia/Finisterre to Santiago

MarianK

Time of past OR future Camino
Muxia/Finisterra Reverse 2021
Hello, I know there have been some discussions about this route on here in the past. From what I have read, you can receive the Compostela far walking the reverse route, I just want to confirm this. Also, someone had pointed out that at some places they may not be willing to stamp the Camino passport, if you are doing the route in reverse without the Santiago stamp being on there? If you have done this reverse route did you encounter this at all? One last thing, I have seen a couple of different routes for this walk, does one route qualify where the other one would not? I just want to make sure to choose the correct route for the reverse walk if it does make a difference. Thanks in advance for your help!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I can confirm that you can claim a compostela for walking either:
- Finisterre to Muxia to Santiago
- Muxia to Finisterre to Santiago

Both of these are over the required 100km for walking.

Do make sure you get a stamp in Lires, between Muxia and Finisterre (whichever direction you choose).
Never had any cases of anyone not wanting to stamp my credential, whichever way I took.

I usually do the 'full circuit', that is starting and ending in Santiago - either direction (after completing a different camino first). Never had a problem claiming the compostela for this.

My advice is to use a clean credential if you want to obtain a second compostela, as the first will already have the 'end' Santiago office stamp. And there is no need to confuse an overworked/stressed office volunteer.

Hope this helps
Davey

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

I was lucky enough to chat with Bill Bennett yesterday about his new movie The Way My Way. Bill is the Writer and Director and the movie is a true story of his first Camino in 2013. He's been...
Here’s my daily blog of my walk from Lisbon to Santiago with Relive videos. I started on April 17. https://paulscamino.com/
👣 Ever wandered what it is like to take an 11 and 14 year old on the Camino Frances? We can tell you, it is an amazing experience that you will be talking about for time to come! We managed to...
Am doing a vlog on the Plata which I thought I'd share! Started off with three nights in Seville for the Fería de Abril (video 1), and joined by my cousin from Vancouver. Currently on Day 3...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back