• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Revised Australian Traveller Rules

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mack

Time of past OR future Camino
April 2017 Sarria to Santiago de Compostela
For Aussies on the Camino: As from Wednesday 6 July travellers to and from Australia will no longer be required to show their vaccination status. This is to encourage more tourists.

The new federal minister said "this is great news for those returning ..... as they will no longer have to fill in the DPD form."

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I cannot find anything about this on the government website. What’s your source?

Press release from Mark Butler, Federal Minister for Health. I found it in today's online Guardian headed:

Full statement on Covid border restrictions lifting from Wednesday​

The home affairs minister, Clare O’Neil, says the lifting of the vaccination declaration will be “one less thing” for travellers to worry about.

She was supporting the health minister's announcement.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
For Aussies on the Camino: As from Wednesday 6 July travellers to and from Australia will no longer be required to show their vaccination status. This is to encourage more tourists.

The new federal minister said "this is great news for those returning ..... as they will no longer have to fill in the DPD form."
Are masks still required on planes.

there are thousands of new covid cases every day in Australia - vaccination status is irrelevant
I understood that the COVID vaccines were all designed to reduce the severity of the disease if one contracted it. The reduction in the chance of catching the disease was an ancillary benefit. For me that means that taking routine protective measures, like good hygiene, social distancing and mask wearing is all still valid.

Last edited:
Why? The government has said it is useless.
Source, please? I haven't seen this on any official government website here in Australia, the UK, Spain and Portugal, the ones that I check every so often. Rather, they promote in one way or another the big three - hygiene, social distancing and mask wearing, as well as testing when symptoms appear and isolation on positive testing.

That is up to the carrier either airline or cruise company
At present, it seems that QANTAS is using the requirements of the destination country. If that country requires mask wearing for public transport like aircraft, QANTAS will too.

At present, it seems that QANTAS is using the requirements of the destination country. If that country requires mask wearing for public transport like aircraft, QANTAS will too.
It may have changed in my absence but at the start of June Qantas and jetstar refused to allow unvaxxed passengers, as an internal policy

I think it is time to close this thread. Enough has been said to alert people to the change in requirements for Australians returning, the Camino forum is not the place for a general discussion about health matters.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Status
Not open for further replies.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back