A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Ribeira Sacra nominated for world heritage status?

2020 Camino Guides

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/CF ('16)
Baztanés/CF ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/CF/Invierno ('19)
I happened to find this today, and wonder if anyone has more information?

That would potentially give the Invierno a boost - with two world heritage sites on one camino.
If you've been thinking of this camino and want quiet, you'd better walk it soon....

peregrina2000

Staff member
This part of Spain is very special. Walking the Invierno gives you a taste of the beauty of both the Sil and the Miño Rivers. But there are many more treasures and gobsmacking sights along both rivers. If anyone is looking for a post-Camino trip by car, one that would allow you to do a lot of walking, enjoy spectacular river gorges, and visit ancient churches, monasteries and petos de ánimas, I can highly recommend a three or four day trip to this area.

Some more info here — https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/are-you-planning-to-walk-the-invierno-is-it-_finally_-catching-on.60904/#post-722529

And without too much trouble you can add on a visit to Celanova and its monastery, a visigothic church nearby, and ruins of a Roman fortress on the river.

AND... there are a few places around Allariz to visit as well. https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/if-you-take-the-alternative-through-allariz.46822/

Since I would like to be a travel planner in my next life, I would be happy to help anyone who is interested. Buen camino, Laurie

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/CF ('16)
Baztanés/CF ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/CF/Invierno ('19)
Celanova and its monastery, a visigothic church nearby, and ruins of a Roman fortress on the river.
Ai yi yi. Too much choice! This too?
😳
Thanks, Laurie! ☺
(Looking on a map and reminding myself that it's closer to the Sanabres. One less thing to want to check out for now...phew.)

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
Macarena Camino de Invierno 2
OLDER threads on this topic
Sean Connery in Ribeira Sacra.

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 8 0.7%
  • March

Votes: 46 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 173 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 278 24.3%