• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Ride share Bayonne May 8, 2022

Lucy_lou

Time of past OR future Camino
May 2022
Hi, just wondering if anyone is arriving in Bayonne about 1430 on the 8th May and looking at either getting a taxi /ride-sharing to St.Jean? I can just book the train if not. Thanks Lucy 😊

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi, just wondering if anyone is arriving in Bayonne about 1430 on the 8th May and looking at either getting a taxi /ride-sharing to St.Jean? I can just book the train if not. Thanks Lucy 😊
Have you tried BlaBlaCar? It seems very popular in France. I’ll be driving from the UK to San Sebastián and offered the free seat on BlaBlaCar, and was very popular! BlaBla set a price which is capped at 1/4 of what the usual cost would be based on the distance travelled, so it’s much cheaper than trains for the passenger! (For the driver/me, it doesn’t even cover the French toll fee, but I get to talk to someone and break the monotony).

Have you tried BlaBlaCar? It seems very popular in France. I’ll be driving from the UK to San Sebastián and offered the free seat on BlaBlaCar, and was very popular! BlaBla set a price which is capped at 1/4 of what the usual cost would be based on the distance travelled, so it’s much cheaper than trains for the passenger! (For the driver/me, it doesn’t even cover the French toll fee, but I get to talk to someone and break the monotony).
Thanks, I will have a look at them

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi, just wondering if anyone is arriving in Bayonne about 1430 on the 8th May and looking at either getting a taxi /ride-sharing to St.Jean? I can just book the train if not. Thanks Lucy
I'm arriving in Bayonne 08 May at 16:03 on the TVG. However, I plan to stay overnight in Banyonne (Hotel ibis Styles) next to the train station. I have a train ticket the next morning (09 May) to SJPP that departs 8:50 and arrive in SJPP 10:09. Looks like there's a bus connection mid-way. I'm staying at Albergue Beilarie across the street from the Pilgrim office.

The train ticket didn't cost much (~$11). I might consider a ride-share if the cost isn't much greater than the ticket I already have. Probably a lot less hassle than the train/bus connection and offers more flexibility on departure/arrival.

I can just book the train if not. Thanks Lucy
Hi Lucy. I just read a post on the train situation in a different forum. Here's a copy paste of the individual's reply to the bus issue. Looks like it's a very simple process and the cost of the ticket is peanuts compared to everything else.

It’s really easy! Just get on the train to Cambo and there everyone is getting off. Just go to the front of the station (it’s really small) and there the bus is waiting. Get your pack in the bus and get in and enjoy the view 😊 the bus takes you to the station of SJPP. Nothing to stress or worry about. You can’t miss it, it’s way to easy 😅

Hi Lucy. I just read a post on the train situation in a different forum. Here's a copy paste of the individual's reply to the bus issue. Looks like it's a very simple process and the cost of the ticket is peanuts compared to everything else.

It’s really easy! Just get on the train to Cambo and there everyone is getting off. Just go to the front of the station (it’s really small) and there the bus is waiting. Get your pack in the bus and get in and enjoy the view 😊 the bus takes you to the station of SJPP. Nothing to stress or worry about. You can’t miss it, it’s way to easy 😅
Thanks CA_pilgrim. I will book the train. I think. It is only €7.50. Not to bad. I have got time to enjoy. I arrive in Bayonne at 1400. I think there is a train at 1420 . I will book that. Thanks

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
Hi - I've been waiting to book 2 June from Santiago dC to Madrid - finally the tickets are out! Funnily enough the luxury seats were cheaper than economy seats, so I took one.
We are leaving May 4th for the Camino, starting in Ponferrada. I tried online to book the Correos Pac Monchila luggage transfer service and it provided a drop down list box of specific...
Greetings! I will be traveling with my daughter to walk the Camino Portuguese from Porto in July. The dates are a bit flexible, but not completely so. I’ve been researching flight tickets, and...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back