• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Riding the milky way

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
below is an amazon.com's customer review:

A delightful surprise, horse sense and humor, April 2, 2007
By Timecheck "backpack45.com - Camino Chronicle... (Oakland, CA United States) - See all my reviews

Each book relating to the Camino de Santiago presents the author's unique view of the journey, and I look forward to the read. As a Caminophile, I find them all interesting, but I do realize that others may not appreciate a sense of déjà vu when they read multiple Camino narratives. I guarantee that you will not have this experience reading Babette Gallard's account.

This is very much a story of horses and riders, secondarily a story of a ride from Le Puy to Santiago de Compostela. Those who have walked from Le Puy will enjoy the encounter with familiar small town names - Montbonnet, Aumont-Aubrac, Estaing, Lectoure, Ostabat. The main characters are Babette, her husband, their three horses, and their dog. They face doubts, and overcome problems as does anyone making this trip, but they are not the problems of a walker. You as a reader cannot relax and know based on your own experiences that they are going to be ok.

You do know that you will be entertained. The book reflects the author's wry sense of humor. She might sometimes have a few unkind words about a dictatorial hospitalero, or some pilgrim littering the Spanish countryside, but puts her money where her mouth is by dedicating half the book profits to an anti litter poster campaign in coordination with the Spanish Tourist Board.

On a practical note, anyone thinking about taking a donkey or a dog on the Camino should read this book first and learn the realities. I'm assuming no one is thinking of taking a horse.

I recommend this as entertainment for anyone who has walked, or plans to walk the Camino. For those of you thinking about taking a four footed beast, read it seriously. If you are looking for a walker's view, of course we think our book Camino Chronicle: Walking to Santiago is a good choice.
:|

Most read last week in this forum

Mary Colwell’s new book The Gathering Place: A Winter Pilgrimage Through Changing Times. Why did it make the 2024 shortlist of the best travel books? Several of the books on the shortlist are...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back