• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Rioja wine

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Thanks for that.

I always thought Rioja was just a red from a particular region.

Do bars stock Crianzas and above?

and if I ask for a Crianza, is it much dearer than the standard tinto?

Thanks for that.

You'll pay only about a Euro more if you order Crianza. I figured this out about half way through my first Camino. Totally worth it.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Very interesting update, I really appreciate seeing this.

In may ways it is so surprising to see the DOCa Rioja change with what were rather strict standards. White wines and cava were never really taken seriously outside of a few producers and cava never really anybody. Other regions did cava so much better. Reds obviously another story altogether. Rioja has made some interesting metamorphosis with some very high quality traditional producers and very high new world palate expressions and a ton in between.

To see more popular global varieties is a little bittersweet, but to see more work to market autoctonous varieties certainly makes my heart warm! I’m terribly interested to try the Maturana Tinta and Blanca. Not so much for the Chardonnay or the Sauvignon blanc...I get the intent to make Rioja a little more approachable but seriously if you were to take Tempranillo to Bordeaux or Burgundy...well I don’t think it would be taken well.

But what is even more of curiosity is that Cabernet Sauvignon which has been part of the blend of Marques de Riscal since forever, yet prohibited unless for “experimentation” wasn’t expanded to accepted status. Very curious.

A year or so ago seeing a very well regarded producer walk away from the DOCa Rioja sent shock waves around the region. It looks like some of the issues may have been addressed...?

Thanks for that.

Calle Laurel is the place for you! Many of the bars have a selection of wines...a great selection often times of older producers that have not changed much since their inception in style. And new more unique. Many will have all different categories.

Most read last week in this forum

https://www.lodgify.com/blog/es/observatorio-lodgify-febrero-2024/?utm_campaign=ES%20-%20Content%20Newsletter&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=298376570&_hsenc=p2ANqtz--KQkkCIbmVh11e1l-9P2514JyKrTN8_nNki9ioi...
Have you had Communion while attending the Cruz de Ferro?
Hi there Can anyone tell me where on the Camino Frances there is a mural on a wall depicting “the three wise men”. I’ve admired it on several occasions, over the years, but I can’t remember where...
I wonder how many,if any get caught up in the idea...or ideal of the Camino To be sure it captured my imagination and reinforced by videos and pictures. I am quick to seek and find the good in...
What does the abbreviation "Rda" mean in Spanish? In context: "Calle la Rda, Villalcázar de Sirga". I have googled (of course), but I've obviously not been asking the right questions, as I've...
Hoping someone will have some new ideas for me! I always bring a box to Spain to mail to my friends in Madrid. It has for years had the following items — boxes of Vanilla Chai tea bags, Dentyne...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.