A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

RIP Megumi Shiozawa

2020 Camino Guides

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
You may not know her, but she was a familiar face in Santiago.. especially in pilgrim circles. I never knew her personally, but I saw her at most of the pilgrim events that I went to Santiago since I came here in 2004. She worked on promoting the Camino in Japan and also promoted Kumano Kodo in Spain.

She passed away a few days ago to the Corona virus in Santiago. May she rest in peace.

Anik2001

Camino(s) past & future
Past: Camino Frances (2017), future: Frances again (2020)
May she rest in peace.

Buen Camino peregrina.

Camino(s) past & future
Caminos Francais: 2002, 2012, 2019. (Future Ingles, Primitivo, Portuguese in 2020)
You may not know her, but she was a familiar face in Santiago.. especially in pilgrim circles. I never knew her personally, but I saw her at most of the pilgrim events that I went to Santiago since I came here in 2004. She worked on promoting the Camino in Japan and also promoted Kumano Kodo in Spain.

She passed away a few days ago to the Corona virus in Santiago. May she rest in peace.

I am choosing to acquire bettter Spanish, Portuguese and French language skills and I read aloud from one of these languages 30 minutes a day. Today, I selected Madam Shiozawa's obituary posting. I am hopeful my Spanish pronunciation, tinged in the "r's" as it is from my second language, French, did justice to the article's eloquent celebration of this exceptional woman's deep love, dedication and passion for Spain, Galcia and Japan,

Colette Z

Happy Pilgrim
Camino(s) past & future
CF- Finisterre-Muxia 03/17; Camino SK 10/17; Norte 03/18; Ingles 11/18; Augusta 03/19

RIP peregrina 🙏

Camino(s) past & future
Cam Frances SJPDP to Santiago ('17): Finisterre ('17); Muxia ('17): Camino Portuguese ('19)
May the many memories Megumi shared with her family sustain them In this time of sadness.

trevorcc

Camino(s) past & future
SJPD to Santiago 2013,2014, Camino de Levante Sept. 2016, Frances March 2018, planning 2020

RIP fellow pilgrim may the sun always be on your back, you can now walk the path forever.

Kiwi-family

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Past: (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)-Frances, Baztan, San Salvador, Primitivo, Fisterra,VdlP, Madrid
Such a shame.
Buen camino❤

bbates225

Camino(s) past & future
June/July (2017) Camino Frances (couldn't finish)
June/July (2020) Camino Frances (will try again)

So sad to hear this. May she rest in peace.

JBSoakitup

Life is short_Soak it UP!
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances - Lourdes to SdC to Finesterre Sept (2018) 1st timer now bitten by the Camino Bug!
I recall being surprised by the abundance of Japanese and South Koreans I met along my walk. I’m sure she is to thank... May she RIP. - a life fully lived!

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 54 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 193 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 318 25.0%
  • June

Votes: 92 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 23 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 363 28.5%
  • October

Votes: 154 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 6 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock