• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Road Closed Between Villabona and Anoeta

witsendwv

Time of past OR future Camino
(2015)
We walked from Astigarraga to Tolosa yesterday, and upon leaving Villabona we came upon a sign that said the road was closed. Assuming that it meant only for cars we continued on, only to be met by three men walking towards us telling us to turn around. One explained that the road was completely “en obras” even for pedestrians. He told us how to go back to town and follow the river on the other side, cross the highway on the red stairs and continue to Anoeta until the second underpass. I was a bit skeptical, but he told us to follow them as he lived in Anoeta. They walked with us until it was time for them to turn off the street, and we continued to Tolosa. We passed an area where he said the camino joined from the other side, and there seemed to be a hugh amount of construction ongoing. I do not know how long this has been going on, or how long it will continue. All I know is that our Camino Angels saved us a lot of extra walking.

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back