• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Road versus path

neverlost4good

Time of past OR future Camino
April 2015
I’m so thankful to be walking! I’m at the end of my 2nd day, stopping in Presedo and staying at Oza dos Rios (Rectoral de Clines). I do have a blog: Neverlost4good.com for pics and rambles.
My problem is the pillars/markers are often for road walking. Today, after leaving Bentanzos and coming up out of Coz, I could only find markings for the road (very narrow and dangerous). A lot of bikers were using this way…
At one point, in studying Brieley’s book, I could see the earthen path should be off this narrow road and just set off to find it. Luckily a little girl was calling and waving to me (the path ran by her house).
Tomorrow I head up from Presedo to Bruma. I’m hoping the trail is better. I know they rerouted the Inglis, but onto a narrow road?

Still, it’s Spain and it is lovely. I’ll check this route off and head back to the Frances next year!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I’m so thankful to be walking! I’m at the end of my 2nd day, stopping in Presedo and staying at Oza dos Rios (Rectoral de Clines). I do have a blog: Neverlost4good.com for pics and rambles.
My problem is the pillars/markers are often for road walking. Today, after leaving Bentanzos and coming up out of Coz, I could only find markings for the road (very narrow and dangerous). A lot of bikers were using this way…
At one point, in studying Brieley’s book, I could see the earthen path should be off this narrow road and just set off to find it. Luckily a little girl was calling and waving to me (the path ran by her house).
Tomorrow I head up from Presedo to Bruma. I’m hoping the trail is better. I know they rerouted the Inglis, but onto a narrow road?

Still, it’s Spain and it is lovely. I’ll check this route off and head back to the Frances next year!

That is strange because I remember the waymarking over there as very sufficient.
Yes, there is a variant on the D road but waymarking is good.

Edit : I do see on Gronze that the last kilometer into Presedo is not that well waymarked.

Tomorrow to Bruma will be ok but do take the variante ( as seen in link above ) just before As Travesas.

If you don't stay in the Bruma albergue but in one of the two hotels do take into consideration this too will involve some roadwalking.

@neverlost4good Sorry, I'm a little late to the party but my map of the Ingles may help you to get back on track or confirm where you are in relation to the route if you have a GPS enabled phone

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Download the Wise Pilgrim Ingles app or the Buen Camino app. They are both free and both have GPS as well as alot of other useful information.

I hope you had a good Camino! Did you get a chance to stop at Casa Avelina?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
@neverlost4good , I agree with you that the way marking/yellow arrows move walkers along a minor, but well-travelled highway with very little in the line of a path for walkers! I was walking with a Spanish man and two Portuguese women - all of us commenting on how dangerous it felt. Only very near Presedo were we guided off onto a real pathway. But not for long. Back onto not-so-busy road past Leiro, and finally onto the path thru the woods where there was a lot of tree work going on with large trucks...
The way marking was very good.

Most read last week in this forum

On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...
We lost a set of black Leki trekking poles today between Ferrol and Neda just past the Monastario de San Martino. We sat down for a rest near the top of the hill amidst the houses. The poles were...
Hi, finally plans for Camino Ingles become real, some accomodations, booked already, checking flights, etc..., starting 02june :) We are taking it slow, 8 days on the road, below are our stages...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back