• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Roads in Le Puy

robermarbe

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances (1993), Camino del Salvador and Camino Primitivo (2012), Camino Aragonés (2014), Camino Frances (2015)
Hi
My name is Roberto.
I planned to do the Camino de Santiago frances in Spain, but due to I live in The Netherlands and that I want to avoid crowds in Spain, I am considering to go for the Camino de Le puy or even the Via Turonensis.
I would like to avoid roads as much as possible. Could somebody give me an update on which percentage of both routes go through roads with vehicles?.
I would appreciate any info in this regards.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I have found that even though there may be roads on both the le Puy path and the Vezelay path they are surprisingly quiet! The exception for this was the detours in the Llandes last year, which were due to the fact that the path was impassable because of the fierce storms earlier in the year. I think there is probably more road walking on the Vezelay path than on the le Puy path - having done them both - but as I said mainly quiet roads. Cheers, Janet

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
falcon269 said:
Most roads are country roads where you might see only the postal vans during an entire morning!

Those Postal vans are usually driven by crazed middleaged women, who drive like a bat out of hell! At least they are bright yellow.

Other than that, there are very few vehicles on the Le Puy route.

It sounds very good. Lets see whether I take a decision or not, but the Camino de Le Puy has many chances for this summer.

Hello!
I went from Le Puy to Santiago in autumn 2009 and was surprised about on how much hardwareroad the route was on. Much asfalt i would say in France. I had walked the Spanish way a couple of times before with better paths. You have to change the side of the way you walk on to
avoid damageing your legs.
Randi

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
How odd, intuitively it did not feel very ashphalty for me on the Le Puy Route, I felt there were more natural paths than in Spain. Any of the french roads though were extremely quiet unlike the spanish ones. Gitti

We switched sides of the road, too, but invariably a passing driver would tell us to walk on the left!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello - I am planning to walk about the first half of the Via Podiensis next month, May 2024. I will start from Le Puy and walk for 16 days. I am flying into Paris and would like to purchase a sim...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back