Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodation options in Rodeiro for April walkers

Suesim

Time of past OR future Camino
Rodeiro
After having done some research about accommodation in Rodeiro, it would appear that Albergue Guerra is closed and according to their Hostel Latiza facebook page (don't know when it was posted) but Latiza is only open at weekends. Is this the case?
So would Hostal Albergue Carpinteiras be the only place to stay in Rodeiro?
If we can't get in there, is there anywhere else to stay in Rodeiro? We are walking April this year.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
When I was there in June 2022, Hostal Carpinteiras was the only place in town. According to Gronze, they have 28 beds in shared rooms, plus 12 private rooms, so they will likely have capacity for you. (I took a private room, so I only caught a glimpse of the shared facilities.

When I was there in June 2022, Hostal Carpinteiras was the only place in town. According to Gronze, they have 28 beds in shared rooms, plus 12 private rooms, so they will likely have capacity for you. (I took a private room, so I only caught a glimpse of the shared facilities.
Thank you - I have tried e mailing and booking on Booking.com but apparently the dates we shall be there are not available....! I shall probably have to phone them nearer the time.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
As the only game in town, they are very familiar with pilgrim needs and behaviour, so you shouldn't feel anxious about arranging that stay.

So would Hostal Albergue Carpinteiras
I have stayed at Carpinteiras at least 4 times, most recently in November 2022. The Albergue is very clean, good bunks, nice comforters, clean beautiful bathrooms, a sitting area, equipped kitchen and a washer and dryer. The owners, Marisa and Luis are wonderful people. The ground floor is their bar, early breakfasts and good food and prices for dinner.

Attachments

• 8BED601A-F829-4635-9528-D8C3F8C5B7B9.jpeg
    8BED601A-F829-4635-9528-D8C3F8C5B7B9.jpeg
    582.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 9384CDBD-A55E-497B-86AE-199DAA57AD55.jpeg
    9384CDBD-A55E-497B-86AE-199DAA57AD55.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 15
  • D51A42A5-44A1-4057-90A0-B9499807237A.jpeg
    D51A42A5-44A1-4057-90A0-B9499807237A.jpeg
    794.4 KB · Views: 15
Stayed there on October 2, 2022 and it wasn't busy. It's clean and comfortable. If they are not responding to email, they may be away on a winter break so I suggest following up in another month or so.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thank you - I have tried e mailing and booking on Booking.com but apparently the dates we shall be there are not available....! I shall probably have to phone them nearer the time.

Booking is showing "no availability" in general for Carpinteiras right now. But I just WhatsApped them yesterday and made my May reservation. WhatsApp +34 661 76 90 67

Hope that helps!

Booking is showing "no availability" in general for Carpinteiras right now. But I just WhatsApped them yesterday and made my May reservation. WhatsApp +34 661 76 90 67

Hope that helps!
I think it bears repeating, though some forum members may be tired of hearing it, that booking and all the other travel site apps do not have access to all of a place’s beds. When booking tells you there’s no availability it only means that they don’t have access to any more rooms. They actually do tell you that now, after some governmental entity told them that it was a deceptive practice to say “there is no availability” when the truth is that “there is is no availability on our site.”

It is always a good idea to check directly with the hotel/pensión/albergue directly. Some forum members do it because it is a way to give a few more euros to the owners of small places who have to give a chunk to booking, but whatever your reason, you will frequently find that in fact there are rooms when booking tells you there are none.

Hope that helps!
Thank you - I'll give it a go.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
It worked!
How do we find out these WhatsApp numbers as they don't appear on some websites? I was also looking at Hotel Vilaseco.

How do we find out these WhatsApp numbers as they don't appear on some websites? I was also looking at Hotel Vilaseco.
Test whatever number you find in WhatsApp, to see if the app recognizes the number. Mobile numbers start with 6 or 7, so many of them will have WhatsApp.

It worked!
To elaborate a little more, there is no separate WhatsApp number. Any mobile phone number (better said, any smartphone) can “join” WhatsApp and use it. 95% of the smartphones in Spain use WhatsApp. But in the interests of full disclosure, know that WhatsApp is owned by Facebook.

If you have WhatsApp, the easiest way to see if someone is also using WhatsApp is to do what C Clearly says. Enter a new contact (if you are doing this from outside of Spain, you will have to change the country code to 34, and then enter the number). It will immediately pop up whether the number is using WhatsApp. If the answer is yes, add it to your contacts and send a message.

Hotel Vilaseco lists a landline (starting with a 9, incapable of using WhatsApp) and a mobile line, 680 88 11 55. When I enter the mobile number into the WhatsApp app, it tells me that this phone number uses WhatsApp. So you can send a message to that number.

Landlines start with 8 or 9, Mobile lines start with 6 or 7, so don’t bother with the landlines.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
It worked!

I have found them on Gronze.com, in the forum 2019 guide, and in the Brierley Invierno guide and the occasional googling.

If a phone number starts with
+34 6## ## ## ##, it is a mobile number and the user might have Whatsapp. So add the number to your phone contacts, and then see if it shows up in Whatsapp contacts.

I'll be staying in Vilaseco too. Check out Wed 5/24 in my obsessive Google doc posted in my Invierno Itinerary thread

Vilaseco does have Whatsapp - the number is green in the doc - but they are not taking reservations until March (at least for end of May).

ETA: I'm so slow..... 😂 Everyone else beat me to it.

Last edited:
I think it bears repeating, though some forum members may be tired of hearing it, that booking and all the other travel site apps do not have access to all of a place’s beds. When booking tells you there’s no availability it only means that they don’t have access to any more rooms. They actually do tell you that now, after some governmental entity told them that it was a deceptive practice to say “there is no availability” when the truth is that “there is is no availability on our site.”

It is always a good idea to check directly with the hotel/pensión/albergue directly. Some forum members do it because it is a way to give a few more euros to the owners of small places who have to give a chunk to booking, but whatever your reason, you will frequently find that in fact there are rooms when booking tells you there are none.

Yes, exactly. I always contact the ones with no (or limited) availability directly, and am generally successful.

Sometimes it will save you money too.

But also, I admit, my anxiety does appreciate the "security" of a Booking.com reservation.

The Hostal Carpinteiras is now accepting booking through Booking.com right into the summer so I am booking late April today. I also booked Hotel Vilaseco by just sending them an email off their website a while ago but I see now they are also open on Booking.com.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
My friend and I stayed at both places last fall and both were good, especially Hotel Vilaseco. The hotel owner Manuel is great.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back