• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Roll call Camino Norte

NadineMc

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances ( June 2013) Camino Portugal ( June 2014) Camino Frances ( June 2015) Norte 2018
Just wondering who else is walking the Norte in late May early June 2018?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I start In Irun on September 17 so if you are walking slowly maybe I will see you along the way.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I fly in to Bilbao on 23 May and will bus to Irun to begin on the 24th. Maybe I will see you!

I fly in to Bilbao on 23 May and will bus to Irun to begin on the 24th. Maybe I will see you!
Yes, maybe. Wishing you a great journey!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Starting Norte with daughter 29 May. Will run into you perhaps? Connie
Awesome! I tried to get my daughter to come along this time...but not this year. Wishing you both the best!

We should reach Irun (having started in Le Puy) in the second week of June. Will proceed to Santiago, in an orderly fashion, via the Norte and the Primitivo finishing mid July...

Hopefully...

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Starting 10th June from Santander. Staying on the coast, slight detour to check out the Playa de Las Catedrales! Can't wait! Buen camino.

I start In Irun on September 17 so if you are walking slowly maybe I will see you along the way.
very, very slooowwwly...Have a good trip!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
My wife and I will begin on 13may in Bilbao. She will fly back on 31 may. If all goes well I'll continue for 3 or 4 weeks. Probably I will start then by walking the stretch from Irun to Bilbao and afterwards pick up the camino where we stopped. Probably I will stay on the Norte, as I walked the Primitivo 2 years ago ( and liked it very much,)

My wife and I will begin on 13may in Bilbao. She will fly back on 31 may. If all goes well I'll continue for 3 or 4 weeks. Probably I will start then by walking the stretch from Irun to Bilbao and afterwards pick up the camino where we stopped. Probably I will stay on the Norte, as I walked the Primitivo 2 years ago ( and liked it very much,)[/QUOTI
I plan on branching off to the Primitivo. Did you find it very difficult? I've got a few Caminos under my belt and I'm in good health....so I think I'll be ok.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
It was a mountainous route but doable for a reasonable fit person. If weathercircumstances are ok, I would opt for the hospitales route, it has a fairly long climb but in my memory it was not hard.

Just wondering who else is walking the Norte in late May early June 2018?[/QUO
Hi Nadine and all you happy walkers, I will be in Bilbao on the 9th and start walking on the 10th. It's nice to know there will be other folk about even if our dates vary,and to know the Primitivo is worth doing, maybe next year! :)

Hi there,
I am beginning my first Camino Norte this Tuesday 17th April so we most likely will not meet. Wondering if anyone else will be beginning from Irun this Tuesday? I’m a little nervous- solo female - as I understand there a few pilgrims and have some safety concerns. I’m generally a very independent, outgoing Aussie but just would like some company for my initial start. Hoping to hear from anyone.PS-
Tried on my iPhone to post a new thread re this but had difficulty.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi there,
I am beginning my first Camino Norte this Tuesday 17th April so we most likely will not meet. Wondering if anyone else will be beginning from Irun this Tuesday? I’m a little nervous- solo female - as I understand there a few pilgrims and have some safety concerns. I’m generally a very independent, outgoing Aussie but just would like some company for my initial start. Hoping to hear from anyone.PS-
I feel the same as you! Wishing you all the best! I start the end of May...otherwise I’d keep you company the first couple of days. Buen Camino!

I feel the same as you! Wishing you all the best! I start the end of May...otherwise I’d keep you company the first couple of days. Buen Camino!
Hi
Many thanks I’m up and ready to go, just hope I don’t get lost !

€149,-
Hi all, my partner and I are starting from Irun on April 23 :)
Hi there,
After many months of planning, train strike in France ( had to fly to San Sebastián then train to Irun ! ) I have arrived in San Sebastián walking from early this morning, arriving at 3.30. All my fears ie: there being hardly any fellow pilgrims on the Norte as quoted by others and it being very difficult were not totally unfounded but somewhat as I encountered over 14 and walked with a group of 6. If you are reasonably fit it is hard but not unachievable; it is long and the ascent of 710 metres is gradual; it not being straight up for example. I have just turned 60 & pretty fit, so I’m very pleased with myself & it was not as hard as I have read, just very long. Just one thing - after getting off the ferry at Pasajes, the path was blocked due to roadworks so we had to navigate another way which added to the time. So for all of you intending to start the Norte, the first stage is fine

Hi there,
After many months of planning, train strike in France ( had to fly to San Sebastián then train to Irun ! ) I have arrived in San Sebastián walking from early this morning, arriving at 3.30. All my fears ie: there being hardly any fellow pilgrims on the Norte as quoted by others and it being very difficult were not totally unfounded but somewhat as I encountered over 14 and walked with a group of 6. If you are reasonably fit it is hard but not unachievable; it is long and the ascent of 710 metres is gradual; it not being straight up for example. I have just turned 60 & pretty fit, so I’m very pleased with myself & it was not as hard as I have read, just very long. Just one thing - after getting off the ferry at Pasajes, the path was blocked due to roadworks so we had to navigate another way which added to the time. So for all of you intending to start the Norte, the first stage is fine
Thank you, @Gypsyqueen ! I will be walking next year at 64. Good to know that it's doable for the reasonably fit.

Thank you, @Gypsyqueen ! I will be walking next year at 64. Good to know that it's doable for the reasonably fit.
Hi
Glad you are planning for next year so start training uphills to get fitter as I should have clarified I am more than reasonabley fit but it is doable for those who are pretty fit.

€149,-
I'm starting in Bilbao on Monday the 23rd so may cross paths with you @Gypsyqueen

Hi there,

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Leave approved. Flights booked. Starting 20th May in Irun :)
Beun Camino everyone!
Hi,
Great but keep in mind the first day is very taxing, second day fine but the next three days are hard but if you are fit you’ll be fine and if not you’ll certainly become so !
Buen Camino

€60,-
Just to make everyone feel better- we are out of shape and didn't train... and the first day was long, yes, but its totally doable! Just take your time, stop lots and plod on. The first 1-2 hours were the hardest re uphill. It definitely was not as hard as we thought it would be from what we read. The trail is wide and clearly marked the whole way and the scenery was lovely (even though we walked in mist/drizzle the whole day). When you cross the river at Pasajes, as someone else has mentioned, the Camino route to your right off the ferry (where you are following the yellow arrows) is currently closed. There are lots of locals who will tell you 'no!' and point the other direction - follow their instructions. You basically go left from the ferry, up into the old narrow street of the village, go up that cobbled lane, until you see a yellow arrow on your right pointing up some stairs, then you follow that up a hill onto paved lanes until you reconnect where the usual route is. San Sebastian is a joy, so if you have time, stop here for a day or so. Buen Camino!

Flight booked to Biarritz 1st of May, bus to Irun that evening hopefully. Find somewhere suitable to sleep and head off into the unknown on the 2nd of May.

So excited that my friends Robin, Janice and I will be starting around June 9th/10th after a thorough examination of Barcelona...We CANNOT WAIT![/QUo
I'm starting the Norte on the 31st May from Santander. Very nervous, but also excited. Buen Camino

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hello!!
I’m flying to Biarritz on May12 and will start walking on May13 or 14 very slowly :-D
Would really appreciate some company on the first day or days, anyone else starting on those days?
Buen Camino!
Stella

Hi,
I'm starting the Camino Del Norte from Irun on May 30. Can't wait to be there...

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
[QUOTE = "NadineMc, post: 606112, członek: 21909"] Zastanawiasz się, kto jeszcze idzie Norte pod koniec maja na początku czerwca 2018 roku? [/ QUOTE]
Ja 22 maja 2018 z Bilbao

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi, I'm on the Norte now. Can you let the following be known. Albergue in La Isla is shut until further notice, youth hostel in gijon is shut for repairs according to their website. Ta

What route does canino notte take? And why choose it? Buen camino

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
What route does canino notte take? And why choose it? Buen camino
It goes along the north coast of Spain. I'm doing it because I've already walked the Frances twice, and the idea of walking near the ocean appeals to me. :)

Here's a map of some of the many Caminos in Spain.

Camino map.jpg

I am on the Camino between Laredo and Santona with my donkey and dog making macramé for other Pilgrims. Don't forget the Carrot's

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.