• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Rollerblading Pilgrim Documentary

ouroboros

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2012) (2019)
Camino Portuguese (2017)
Was anyone walking the CF in late September and October aware of the documentary film being shot
around a female rollerblading pilgrim? I believe it is a Spanish project, so we may never
see it here in the U.S.
I bet some of you will be in it if you were walking at that time.

Anyone know any details obout this film? I forgot the web site,
and didn't care that much at the time anyway.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I walked in September and October but haven't seen anything like that. There was someone else filming but as far as I know it didn't have anything with rollerblading! :D

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
This extraordinary Australian woman is no longer with us, but her close friend, Mr. Chris Lilley, says she was very interested in doing the Camino - accompanied by support vehicles and camera crew, with a view to making an uplifting feature film. Her unique way of moving would have attracted much interest and, no doubt, sponsorship.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsRvXWub ... creen&NR=1

Alas, the great ones are not with us for long!

I was in the cathedral on Oct 30th at the pilgrim's mass and there was a group in the inner circle... just in front of the altar during the mass. One woman, (tall thin blond woman,) was on rollerblades and she gave a long impassioned speech to the audience. She was very emotional during it. Unfortunately for me the speech was in Spanish and I understood none of it. At the end of the speech she presented the priest this large brown cloth with different emblems on it. She actually approached the priest climbing stairs with her rollerblades on. This group also sponsored the botofumiero that day, so I was lucky to see that.
I conjectured at that time that she had done the camino on rollerblades. But I have no info to support this

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I can't see how rollerblades are any different from cycling, really. I don't fancy it myself, but only because I'd kill myself. Good luck to them. I assume they have to do 200kms though, ha ha! :D

Buen Camino!

tyrrek said:
I can't see how rollerblades are any different from cycling, really. I don't fancy it myself, but only because I'd kill myself. Good luck to them. I assume they have to do 200kms though, ha ha! :D

Buen Camino!

Surely no compostela, got more wheels than a car, that's on each leg too :D :lol:

Abbeydore said:
tyrrek said:

Buen Camino!

Surely no compostela, got more wheels than a car, that's on each leg too :D :lol:
What's the going rate, David? 100kms per wheel? :lol: Buen Camino!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
tyrrek said:
Abbeydore said:
tyrrek said:

Buen Camino!

What's the going rate, David? 100kms per wheel? :lol: Buen Camino!

Well the good news is that, with all those wheels you'd certainly hear them coming, unlike all the times I lept out of my skin everytime a bike applied it's brakes right upon my backside :lol: , yes I can laugh now, in the end I wished them Buen Camino, but really I was swearing.......yes bring back the BIKE BELL :D

If anyone can stand-in-front of John Walker & say they 'deserve' a compo' then they should have one :D , they have to live withemselves, mind you, getting up those stairs wasn't that easy either.

[/quote]

Well the good news is that, with all those wheels you'd certainly hear them coming, unlike all the times I lept out of my skin everytime a bike applied it's brakes right upon my backside :lol: , yes I can laugh now, in the end I wished them Buen Camino, but really I was swearing.......yes bring back the BIKE BELL :D [/quote]

I have to agree abbeydore, I recon only about 2% of cyclists I encountered had bells on their bikes, the rest frightened the bells out of me on many occasions. :) :)

dmartin53 said:
I was in the cathedral on Oct 30th at the pilgrim's mass and there was a group in the inner circle... just in front of the altar during the mass. One woman, (tall thin blond woman,) was on rollerblades and she gave a long impassioned speech to the audience. She was very emotional during it. Unfortunately for me the speech was in Spanish and I understood none of it. At the end of the speech she presented the priest this large brown cloth with different emblems on it. She actually approached the priest climbing stairs with her rollerblades on. This group also sponsored the botofumiero that day, so I was lucky to see that.
I conjectured at that time that she had done the camino on rollerblades. But I have no info to support this

Yep,that was the story I heard, that the documentary people or she herself shelled out 300 euro to get the dramatic butofumeiro swung at the Oct. 30th Pilgrims Mass. Word went out about that on the camino, and several pilgrims made an effort to get there in time for that Mass.
I relaxed and waited for the All Saints Day Mass, as I knew the contraption would be swung that day.

About the rollerblading woman, we wondered if there was a higher purpose or cause they were reaching for with this filming, but I gather it was just a unique angle for a sporty doc.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Most read last week in this forum

I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
Hi - I've been waiting to book 2 June from Santiago dC to Madrid - finally the tickets are out! Funnily enough the luxury seats were cheaper than economy seats, so I took one.
We are leaving May 4th for the Camino, starting in Ponferrada. I tried online to book the Correos Pac Monchila luggage transfer service and it provided a drop down list box of specific...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back