• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Rolling in France by wheelchair

Wheelchairpilgrim

Wheelchair pilgrim, in annual stages to Santiago.
Time of past OR future Camino
NL to Rocamadour. Hope to arrive 2025 in Santiago
10 days ago I started the next stage of my camino from the Netherlands 🇳🇱 through France 🇫🇷 to Santiago.
This year from Taizé to Le-Puy-en-Velay.
A wonderful wheelchair trip with great adventures.
It is posible to follow me at www.rolstoelpelgrim.nl/blog also on Facebook and Instagram (search for rolstoelpelgrim )

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thank you all.
The English translation is not complete yet. I have not enough time on my way to translate everyday, but when I am home I will complete it, also the French translation.
An other option is to use the translation of the browser (with chrome this are the 3 small dots on the right upper corner and in that menu you can find "translate").

I just signed up and found it easy to translate to English. I'm looking forward to following you, and getting up to date from your travels in the past. I've also alerted my niece, who uses a chair. She's always on the lookout for people in chairs breaking through the conventions.

She and I were confirmed to go on the Accessible Camino from Sarria with Justin and Patrick and the I'll Push You group this past June. Now rescheduled for next year, if the Good Lord and St. James see fit.....🙄

Bon Chemin.

Heey, medepelgrim met een beperking. :) Nice to see fellow pilgrims with a disability here! I'm deeply impressed with your trip - starting from the Netherlands is impressive, doing the Camino at all in a wheelchair is impressive, but BOTH?! Wow!

I signed up to your newsletter, looking forward to the updates!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Heey, medepelgrim met een beperking. :) Nice to see fellow pilgrims with a disability here! I'm deeply impressed with your trip - starting from the Netherlands is impressive, doing the Camino at all in a wheelchair is impressive, but BOTH?! Wow!

I signed up to your newsletter, looking forward to the updates!
For me was starting in the Netherlands the safe option. the first 2 years I did Haarlem to Den Bosch and Den Bosch to Maastricht. For me it felt more safe and I know I could be rescued easy in case it was needed. it was not and than I had the courage to go on. And now I am already in the south or France. 🇫🇷
But it will take some time before I will arrive in Santiago. While I write this I arrived in Le Puy and I am in the train back home.
Next year I start in Le Puy and hope to roll to Rocamadour.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Best of luck for the continuation of your remarkable journey. I have just returned home from covering wheelchair basketball at the Paralympic Games in Tokyo (where the Dutch women won gold) and I was so inspired by the feats of the athletes, as I am by your pilgrimage. Buen camino peregrino!

I discovered that tapping blog opens a format that is easy to copy and paste into deepl. Well worth it! Thank you, Wheelchairpilgrim, and I have no doubt you will close off in the next day or so.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Watching the weather for my April 26-May 1 walk. Too early to see the future, and now my question: Disposable ponchos( maybe 2) or more reliable poncho? Just carrying a very small backpack( bags...
Hi Everyone, This is kind of embarassing! I am leaving in 2 days, for my 3rd Camino and will primarily be walking the Camino Frances in April. My previous Caminos have been in June and June/July...
if needed, can I purchase a rain poncho along my upcoming route from Tui to Santiago de compostela? As I watch the weather forecast for April 25-May 1st it appears TODAY that there will be very...
I will be starting my walk in May 2024. I will have my iphone with t-mobile service, which works fine in most of Europe. My question is for those of you who have been on this route, and had your...
Hi All, Rachel from UK here. I walked part of the Camino in 2019 (6days from Pamplona). Last year I walked Frances until Leon. 2024 is the route to Santiago. Any tips from Leon to Santiago...
I am hiking the Norte and Primitive routes starting May 16, 2024. This will be my first Camino. I have access to the Buen Camino app, Gronze, and a guidebook which are all excellent at providing...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.