• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Roman ruins at foot of Pyrenees?

JillGat

la tierra encantada
Time of past OR future Camino
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Can anybody tell me where this might be located?

From the El País story that is linked to in the story you posted:

In 2018, the City Council of Artieda—located in northeastern Spain in the province of Zaragoza, and part of the country’s Aragon region—asked the University of Zaragoza’s Archaeology Department for help in studying some ruins located around the San Pedro hermitage, known variously as El Forau de la Tuta, Campo de la Virgen, or Campo del Royo.

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
It is next to the Aragon River on the Camino Aragon, about 50 miles SE of Pamplona. The Aragon was the original route over the Pyrenees but it was supplanted by the lower and easier route through SJPdP. It is a fantastic and far less-traveled Camino which I highly encourage everyone to consider.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Please note that there is nothing to see at the dig site as they have covered over the ruins to protect them until a complete excavation and preservation effort can be made. Nearby at the hermitage, though, you can spot the Corinthian column that is part of the wall structure. The real treasure, though, is the Aragon route from Somport to where it connects to the Frances near Puente La Reina

It is next to the Aragon River on the Camino Aragon, about 50 miles SE of Pamplona. The Aragon was the original route over the Pyrenees but it was supplanted by the lower and easier route through SJPdP. It is a fantastic and far less-traveled Camino which I highly encourage everyone to consider.
I walked the Camino Aragones from Le Somport to Puente La Reina in October, was lovely, very quiet, met a nice group, 6 days, recommended.
Was a people shock hitting the Camino Frances though I have done that several times, makes you think!!

There’s a link in the 5th paragraph of the newspaper article you attached that will answer that for you!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Yup.
We only did the week as we were passing, was great. Was fine, a couple of the group I met went onward to SdC and had a ball.
I was just expressing the suddenness of 8 in a hostel compared to 95!! All is good.
Invierno next!
Buen Camino

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Did you stay in Canfranc? I was hospi there for second half October, I think we met?
No the Canfranc hostel was closed or something. We walked through as nothing was open.
But the conversation seems familiar....
11 and 12 of October I think we were in Canfranc de Estacion in the hostel down the hill a bit on the river.

Ah, then it was the Rio Aragonês you stayed at, big yellow building.
Canfranc would have been open, though not before 2pm, and the village is very quiet anyway. I was there from 15th to 31st before we closed for winter.

Artieda is a lovely little community with an albergue run by some young couples. The community is served by mobile services such as banking, grocery, medical, etc. It is a hilltop community on the Camino Aragones.
I also forgot to say the same team of young couples also runs a campground in Artieda. No stores, but they run a nice little bar with a good menu.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I’ve added this to my list of things to see on my way up from Barcelona. Thanks!

I also forgot to say the same team of young couples also runs a campground in Artieda. No stores, but they run a nice little bar with a good menu.
Indeed the restaurant in the albergue is lovely, offering Mexican-influenced dishes. The bar offers several different flavours of locally crafted patxaran. Not to be missed.

Not sure, but you may want to try Artieda, Spain on Google maps…

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
sadly no photos of the site

There are some on Google Maps, but just if a tiled floor, some rock work, and the column that is part of the nearby hermitage. They covered up some of the other finds in order to preserve them for future study.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, my name is Xosé and I am doing a research on LGBT people who have done the Camino. I would be very grateful if you could help me through your experiences. If possible I would like to...
Can someone tell me what Spanish word is used in Spain to refer to hiking poles? Bastones? Palos? Also, as women in tv and movies generally are now referred to as "actores" rather than "actrices"...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.