• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Rome to Santiago anyone?

CaminoPilgrimNev

http://www.mycaminosantiago.com
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2013
Currently walking Prague to Finisterre (2014)
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
CaminoPilgrimNev,

What two wonderful journeys you have recently made and are now planning to make!

For walking from Rome to Santiago perhaps these earlier Forum threads may be of help.

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/rome-to-santiago.23720/

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/rome-to-santiago-or-santiago-to-rome.36211/

Looking forward to learning how your 2017 plans progress; please do keep the Forum informed!

THANK YOU very much mspath!
Awesome!
Nev :)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
A selection of Camino Jewellery
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Walked from Santiago to Rome in 2002 and from Prague to Santiago in 2014 ;-) SY
Wow! You also walked from Prague! :)
Did you keep a blog?
I wonder if you had similar experiences as I did.
Have a great day!
Nev :)

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Oh, and as you know, I am also living in Prague ;-) Buen Camino de la Vida, SY

Hi @SYates I would like to know more about this pilgrimage too! Routes,hostels, how long etc etc!

Ps.... jz realised I replied to a wrong post! :(.... meant to reply to yr post re Santiago to Rome pilgrimage!! :)

Cheers! G

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Last year I did a walk around the Assisi region in Umbria- (with pre-booked accommodation etc as my time was very limited). One evening I met a French pilgrim who had previously walked several different routes to Santiago so he was an experienced walker, and he was currently walking the route from Rome to Santiago. He had just walked an exceptionally long day from Assisi, which the Italian guide book had led him to believe was just six hours worth of walking, but it was in fact much more. It seems like the guide book he was using calculated 'time' on a standard 4km/hr walk, despite the fact that the terrain might be difficult or there might be ascents/descents- something to be aware of.

I walked north as far as Gubbio. It was a very beautiful route, and I heartily recommend walking in Umbria, but parts of it were quite steep and uneven. I understand from the blog of a friend who walked towards Rome that north of Gubbio there is some real mountain walking that is quite strenuous. I can give you her blog address if you are interested.
Margaret

@CaminoPilgrimNev sorry I can't help you, but i take my hat off to you for the Praque to Santiago, and once again for even thinking about Rome to Santiago.
I hope you enjoy the planning.
Hi :)
I walked the Camino from Prague 2 years ago (https://mycaminosantiago.com/2014/0...3109km-walk-from-prague-to-finisterre-2014-3/) and this summer I am walking from Rome to Santiago. If anyone has walked from Rome I would be very interested in making contact. Buen Camino! Nev :)

Hi V, that is what I am planning for next year and because I would like to get the Rome Compostela, I will start in the village of Proceno or Acquapendente, that is descending from the north it should be 100/150 Km before Rome, then up again on the via Franchigena ( part of it ) into France, dawn to the Pyrenees up to Roncesvalles and the French Camino, Fisterre, Muxia. I will be taken every day as it comes, in all should be 100/119 days.

... and because I would like to get the Rome Compostela, I will start in the village of Proceno or Acquapendente, that is descending from the north it should be 100/150 Km before Rome, then up again on the via Franchigena ( part of it ) into France, dawn to the Pyrenees up to Roncesvalles and the French Camino, Fisterre, Muxia. I will be taken every day as it comes, in all should be 100/119 days.

What please is the Rome Compostela? SY

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

The Testamonium. There are (were?) two available, one from the Pilgrim Office and one from St Peter's. The easiest to get is from the Pilgrim Office. There was a bit of drama getting the one from St. Peter's, due to security issues, and I doubt that I would have got it if I hadn't been with an Italian.

Dear SY, I don't know what is the equivalent name for the Rome one is but promess I will tel you once I get there, ( or better when (if) I make it back).

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back